Anyone from SG?

ellisisland

Post   » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:02 pm

Hello, I'm new here and also a newbie at caring for guinea pigs (I've been a cat person for many years but now have only been introduced to a guinea pig because of my daughter who wanted one). Would just like to know if there's anyone here living in Singapore? So I can ask for advice on how to better care for our Chewie (maybe what to do during very hot weather, where to buy affordable pet furniture, recommended vets in the area, etc. Also good to meet new friends.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:17 pm

Offhand I don't believe there is anyone currently active on the board from Singapore but if you do a search of the word, "Singapore" you will find a number of members who live there. By clicking on their profile, you can discover when they were last active and are welcome to try using the board mailer to contact them. You may find older members difficult to contact though.

Meanwhile, I encourage you to read over the information in the guide.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:18 pm

For very hot weather, it's important to make sure Chewy has plenty of water at all times, keep him out of the sun and if you don't have AC, you can help him stay cool by giving him a small fan to circulate the air around him. If you give him a fan, monitor him so he doesn't get cold when it cools down.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:22 pm

Yes, lots of water! If it is changed frequently, they seem to drink more (and it may be cooler).