Fosters getting adopted

RubySimon

Post   » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:33 am

Hopefully, Olga and Fifi will go to their new home on Tuesday. As usual, I am happy for them, sad for me. But if they are adopted, I will be bringing home two little 6 month old boys to foster.

Will see how it goes on Tuesday..........................

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:06 am

Hope all goes well for Olga and Fifi and that the new boys get to learn how lucky they are to have you as a foster!

Waddles
Party Poop-er

Post   » Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:18 am

That's great. It's always bittersweet when they leave but it helps to know they are going to a good home.

My foster pair has been with me for over half a year. There were a couple of applications earlier on but they weren't well socialized and hard to handle back then and I didn't feel they would be a good match for young, first time pig owners.
They've improved tremendously since then but adoptions have been slow and far in between. Sadly, there currently seems to be more people waiting to surrender their pigs than adopt. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes to get them adopted.

RubySimon

Post   » Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:35 pm

Aww, thanks Lynx.

Waddles-I am assuming these guys should go rather quickly. 2-3 mos. Here is a link to the page with my current and possibly future fosters: https://animalwelfaresociety.org/adopti ... l-animals/ George and Nugget are the next ones I will take. They are young and VERY cute. But, it will depend on their personality. I did make a point to say to the adoption counselor that Olga and Fifi (fka Oreo and French Fry) will do best in a quiet home and with someone who understands that they are quite skittish about being picked up. They are great about being held though, once they are in your arms. I hope this woman is the "one" for the girls. They deserve it.

Between pigs and rabbits at the shelters, it is nuts. I have never seen so many on the websites for the shelters around here. So aggravating. What is wrong with people that they can just toss them aside like they don't matter. Sometimes, I just don't like humans..............

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:59 pm

You’re doing such important work with those little fosters. It’s such a nice environment for them to be in a home, socialized and cared for so they can get adopted into a good family.

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:57 am

I need my fosters to go! They've been crashing with me since early December. They've gone from young boars to adults. They're great guys, but it's harder to return them when I have them for so long.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:16 am

Maybe you could improve their listing, describing what great guys they are?

RubySimon

Post   » Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:25 pm

It can be hard to let them go. When I first started, I fostered rats. When my first two trios got adopted, I cried for several days. Then I told myself that if I wanted to continue, I had to deal with it much better than that. The next pair was a little easier, then it got much easier as time went on. But every once in a while, you get some that are really hard to let go of. Like ones that stay a long time. The first GP I fostered was here for 6 months. Then did not leave.

PooksiedAnimals-maybe the shelter or rescue can do a better job of promoting them, with your input. I have been told several times by my rat adopters that my updates "sold" my fosters.

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:39 am

I've been sending Dakin updates, and have even taken some photos and videos of the boys. I fear that the area is currently guinea-pigged out for the moment. I'm trying to get some good videos of Bleu when I scratch him around his shoulders because he gets SO into it. If anyone is going to sell the pair of them, it will be Bleu!

RubySimon

Post   » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:05 pm

My little girls did get adopted. By a lovely woman. I feel good about this adoption. I will miss them of course, but they will be well cared for.

Got the new littles. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are beyond adorable. Jumpy as usual about being picked up, but other than that, seem pretty calm. So little. Makes my guy, Luke, look like a massive pig!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:27 pm

They sound like heart breakers!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:51 pm

Such good news! New family for your girls and new fosters for you!