Zachary Binks

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:29 pm

What a guy. He was loved and well-cared for - the best any gp gets. R.I.P. Zachary Binks.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:06 pm

No offense taken, Daisy! Zachary Binks did heal my heart after I lost Mr Bubbles. All of the hurt from all of the guinea pigs I lost came rushing back. To make things worse, I lost my mom shortly after. My heart was severely injured and he helped it heal. He brought qualities from each of my piggies who passed, so it was like I got a chance to enjoy them one more time. I don't know how I'm going to get over losing him so soon, but I'm taking it one day at a time. Life has a sick sense of humor sometimes, doesn't it. It brought me Zachary Binks to help me, but I didn't get to keep him very long.

I'm dealing by concentrating on my guinea pigs and doing the daily tasks this property requires of me. I have my 9 guinea pigs, the chickens in the barn, eggs incubating, 4 baby chicks that need to be kept fed, warm and dry, 3 dogs, and 3 cats; although my son takes care of them more than I do. I finished getting the garden bed greenhouse site all dug out and ready for topsoil. There's plenty to do to keep my mind off of the grief and I'm doing my best to concentrate on the joy Binks brought me. Like I said before, you never know when or where a guinea pig who really needs you will come along, so while I have no plans to adopt another one, I'm open to it.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:29 am

Got Zachary Binks urn ready for when he comes home. There is a plate coming with his name on it. I still have to frame his picture with the haiku I'm writing for him. The rainbow bridge is represented on this urn.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:51 am

A wonderful resting place! And nicely made! Well done you are so talented.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:27 pm

In the name of transparency, that's one of those plain boxes that I bought and painted up. I tried all day yesterday to build him an urn from scratch, but for some reason I just couldn't get it to come out. I went through a few more pieces of wood than I should have, but something else kept going wrong. The glue didn't stick at first, then I tried using brads to hold it together and that tore up the corner on the first joint. The new piece I cut was a millimeter too short so the box wasn't square. I don't know if it's just one of those bad hobby days where nothing you try to make comes out right or what.

I had to go into town anyway, so I went by the store and saw that unpainted box with the rainbow on it. I thought to myself that it would be a good representation of the rainbow bridge. I had to make a small modification on the lid, but it was otherwise a paint job away from being ready. It's not exactly what I wanted for his urn when I started, but it all worked out in the end.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:01 pm

I'm sure he will love it!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:19 am

I empathize regarding your "bad hobby day." Some projects are like that, but this one turned out really nice. The rainbow is lovely.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:39 pm

Zachary Binks is home and in his final resting place. I put him next to Barry Jenkins with his chew sticks. I have his picture printed out and I got a nice frame for it. I'll write his haiku and put it in the frame with his photo this evening. I know what I'm going to write, just have to put it all together and hang it over his urn.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:03 pm

That is such a nice memorial to him.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:50 pm

Lovely tribute for a sweet little man! At home till you're both together again!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:06 am

Got his picture and haiku done and framed. Rest in peace my sweet boy.

In case it's hard to see the haiku, it says:
"ZACHARY BINKS
He came to us at a time when we needed him most.
He warmed our hearts with his zany personality.
His time with us may have been short, but we shared a lifetime's worth of love.
His impact on our lives will last forever."

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:14 am

I have tears in my eyes. I read your words then closed my eyes and reread them in my mind and I pictured him and those words and I felt I knew him. Hard to explain but it is how I felt. Truly touching!