Jet and Joan

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue May 23, 2023 11:55 am

Happy birthday, Joan - very silly hat.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:21 am

Thanks Bookfan! I can't believe I am typing this! How it hurts. Well here goes.

Jet 05/04/2022 to 13/06/2023

Dear baby girl you had such a hard start to life becoming a mother at 4 months. Though you were only with me less than a year you showed you were one special piggy! The whole time you were here you never uttered a sound. You were cuddly, gentle and a real fluff ball. After losing Jinx, I opened my heart to you and you stamped your paw print on it. How am I to go on without you? You made it worthwhile. A purpose to get up. I am still in shock, why did you leave while I was at the vet? I wanted to be with you. I feel like I failed you my darling. You so deserved better. Run free till we are together again. Watch over us and never leave us! Beloved girl! RIP Sweet Pea.

Last edited by daisymay on Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:23 am

What does it mean when a piggy has blood coming from mouth and pink bubbly discharge from nose? I am still in shock and disbelief!
Came back from vet with Jewel 10 minutes ago and found Jet laying down. I was concerned as she had not eaten her meal over night and she was cold and limp.
I checked on her before I left and she was OK. She passed between 1.40PM and 3.10pm today. Could her tiny body have shut down. She ate breakfast yesterday, I changed hay and bedding last night. Have NEVER had a bleeding piggy before! Jet turned 1 April 5th 2023. So young! A hard life giving birth to the 3 boys when she was only a baby herself (August 7th 2022). Please any ideas?

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:53 am

Daisymay: Irie, Ziggy and i are sending sincere condolences to you and the rest of the gang!:(.

MAybe it was infection or cancer or something like that..Run free,Jet.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:13 am

Thank-you Lisa12. Just hope if Jet had anything that it is not in the genes. As would hate to lose her sons as well. As her sons were inbred I am wondering if dear Jet was also inbred? She was a dear little thing-she deserved better. You know I nearly took her with me when I went to vet with Jewel. I wish I had now. At least she would not have passed all alone!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:23 am

I am so very sorry you lost her.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:55 pm

I am so sorry Daisymay. She was a very sweet, special little girl who was loved and well cared-for her entire life. My heart goes out to you.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:06 pm

Oh dear - I am so sorry. I've got tears in my eyes.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:09 am

Thank-you Lynx, ItsaZoo and Bookfan. I can't believe Jet has been gone for over a week. I have 7 other pigs but I see Jet everywhere especially in her cage. Thanks again! It means alot.