Buttercup

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:29 pm

RIP Ruffles. Born June 27th, 2021; died February 13th, 2022. She was only on this earth with us for a short time, but she made an impact on our lives that will last forever.

She made that long trip across the country to our new home and spent a lot of that time hanging out with my son who was driving the car that carried the guinea pigs. Buttercup and Muffin stayed in the hut most of the trip, but not Ruffles. She hung out right there on the side of the cage where he was to keep him company. That made such a big impression on him. She was known by him as the "coolest" guinea pig since then. He never really paid a lot of attention to the guinea pigs before then, but since, he goes into their room often to visit them and he usually started with Ruffles.

I remember the day she was born. She was the only Abby born to her Abby mother. She fit the Abby character perfectly. She always competed with her sister Muffin and usually stayed close to her mom. She was the last of the litter to stop nursing.

She didn't mind being picked up and held. She was so easy to handle that my grand daughter, Hope could do it. She was the one who gave Ruffles her name.

She loved to sit on my shoulder. I wish I had gotten more pictures of her up there. Even though it must've been difficult for her, just yesterday she crawled up there. Bless her heart.

I really wish I could have spent longer with her. 7 months isn't nearly long enough. I spent pretty much all day holding her today and it wasn't enough. I will miss her.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:43 pm

I am so very sorry Ruffles is gone. She sounds like such a well loved little guinea pig. You have my sympathy.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:16 pm

I am so sorry little Ruffles made the final journey. But what comfort for her to go in your arms. She may have been on this earth a short time but she loved and was loved and her life was complete! Another angel got her wings! She will always be with you, think she is running round popcorning and pain free! RIP little Ruffles too precious for this world! Hope my girls are taking care of you! Sending big hugs! She was/is adorable!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:29 am

Thank you. I dropped her remains off this morning. I'm going to make her a special urn rather than have her in the one they provide. It will be unique and she will end up sharing it with her mother and sister when their time comes; hopefully very far down the road.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:24 pm

Again, I am so, so sorry.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:50 pm

My sympathy on your loss. Ruffles was such a precious little soul. Even though she was here only a short time, she had a wonderful life the whole time.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:45 pm

I was supposed to pick Ruffles up from the vet today but they were closed because of the winter weather. Hopefully they'll be open tomorrow and I can get her urn built and put her in her final resting place.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:08 pm

Picked up Ruffles today and much to my surprise, they had thrown in the wooden urn and engraved plate with her name on it free of charge. I was looking forward to building it myself, but after talking with the receptionist and seeing her genuine sympathy, I am extremely grateful for the gesture. I can now get some closure and move on.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:49 am

I am so sorry. That was a kind gesture from your vet!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:47 am

Yes, that was nice of them. I think of good veterinarians and their staff realizing the whole of their service to pet owners who seek their help. The loss of a beloved pet can be so difficult. You want to be recognized for your connection to them - your appreciation of their quirks, the companionship they give.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:44 am

Well I've lost 5 since the end of 2019 and it doesn't get any easier. I wouldn't be human if it did. I appreciate every good sentiment I get.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:26 pm

Five in 3 years. That's a lot. It never does get easier, but when there are several losses close together it's quite painful.