Jewel and Jinx's medical thread

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:28 pm

As I feared woke up this morning and found Jewel had the runs BAD! So took her off all medication and put a 2nd dose of Pronu8re. Rang vet but as a holiday(Easter Monday) have to wait for her to get back to me. At present she is treating a snake bitten dog!

When I went to bed all was good. But as medication wasn't working for her was happy to go of medication. Not sure if it was the medication this time round or the fact in 2023 she has had around 4 URI's and have been on AB's usually Bactrim off and on during this time. She has had Probiotic every day for last 12 months sometimes twice a day. She loves it but not today. Keep you posted. I knew this would happen!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:39 am

HMMM no replies. Has anyone used Aminyllin tablet 100mg to 5ml water? Vet today thought bubbling coming from throat area. Narrowing of airways, when he pressed there breathing was silent. No AB and no food till tummy settles just loads of hay. Maybe I will get a reply as I really need advice.

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:34 am

From what i found online:
A bronchodilator in the adjunctive treatment of heart failure, especially where there is concurrent chronic obstructive lung disease in small breeds of dogs; acute pulmonary oedema with bronchospasm; cardiac asthma; chronic bronchitis accompanying mitral disease.

As far as i know vet suggest(they did to us) nebuliser when oral AB is not working for URI.. i think it is the strongest with gentamicyn.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:58 am

Daisymay, I don’t have anything to offer for advice. I’ve just completed 14 days of Sulfatrim which I understand is the veterinary version of Bactrim. The vet prefers this for URIs. I also made sure she was fed before the AB and I gave probiotics and extra vitamin C to build immunity and protect digestion. I think hay and probiotics are the best for getting digestion straightened out.

I swear their condition can change every few hours, it’s so difficult to know what to do sometimes.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:05 am

Jewel has been on and off Bactrim for last 2 years but it (bubbly breathing) always comes back. I don't have vitamin C but hope it is in the Critical Care. Thanks ItsaZoo and Lisa12.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:11 pm

I don't know anything Aminyllin. Sorry I can't help you.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:56 pm

Thanks Lynx. Is this really true? Title 14, Section 1211, of the Code of Federal Regulations, implemented on July 16, 1969, makes it illegal for U. S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles. I was doing my horoscope and read this. Keep you posted. If get no help may start drug tomorrow. Damned if I do and Damned if I don't.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:00 am

You may find something that reassures you it is an appropriate drug if you do an online search. I had never heard of this drug.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Aminyllin&ia=web

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:09 am

When I typed Aminyllin and guinea pigs I got a drug with a Z in it. Will keep looking. Thanks Lynx. Weird fat about ET hey?

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:59 am

There are many weird laws on our books. Here's a few:

In Alabama ... it's illegal to drive blindfolded.
In Alaska ... you can't put an animal in the back of an open vehicle. (This one actually makes sense. I've seen what happens when they jump out of the back of a truck)
In Arizona ... it's illegal for a donkey to sleep in a bathtub.
In Arkansas ... you can't honk your horn near a sandwich shop after 9 p.m.
In California ... it's illegal to whistle for a lost canary before 7 a.m.
In Colorado ... it's illegal to keep a couch on your porch.
In Connecticut ... a pickle must be able to bounce.
In Delaware ... you can't sell dog hair.
In Florida ... legal parking fees for animals must be paid.
In Georgia ... it's illegal to live on a boat for more than 30 days.
In Hawaii ... it's illegal to place a coin in one's ear.
In Idaho ... it's illegal to sweep debris into the streets. (We did this so the street sweeper could pick it up)
In Indiana ... it's illegal to ride a horse above 10 MPH.
In Kansas ... tire screeching is banned.
In Kentucky ... a woman cannot marry the same man four times. (If it didn't work out the first 3 times, why would anyone try a 4th)
In Louisiana ... it's illegal to send a surprise pizza.

I highly doubt the police are looking for people breaking these laws or would bother arresting or citing anyone for violating them.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:23 am

Please be nice when I ask this question! I need to ask am I to blamed for making Jewel and deceased piggies ill? It gets very cold here, this stinking house is like an ice box in Winter.

They are in the lounge and so is the heater bank It has bricks which absorbs heat and release it when cold. At night if temp below 10C when I go to bed I close the door. When I get up it is like a sauna very hard to breathe. Please I need to know, it is eating me up inside. thanks for getting back to me.
Have not started medicine yet as trying to get her tummy to settle. She has been on so many drugs lately not surprised it is upset.

Thanks Lynx and Renonvsparky!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:24 am

I read on my horoscope that in one state in USA when driving at night after every 800metres they had to stop and let of a flare. So weird!

I highly doubt the police are looking for people breaking these laws or would bother arresting or citing anyone for violating them.
Guy had been doing it for years,parking his car 100metres from an intersection that didn't have traffic light and so were others. None of them knew it was against the law till he got a ticket! Court said ignore it then got another.

Electric chair invented by a dentist(wait till you get the bill).