Jay and Jersey's thread

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:38 am

It is also possible to bandage the foot if needed.
https://www.guinealynx.info/bandaging.html

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:26 am

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:22 am

What a cutie! Jay looks very petite.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:28 am

Jay looks very petite.

She is! When ever she walks she holds her butt above ground and it's like she walks on tippy paws.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:22 am

Has anyone ever given their guinea pig a scratch on the back? To have the piggy turn his/her head go goofy and stick out their tongue rapidly? Jay does this and have had other pigs do it too. Is it the same as scratching a dog and leg moves? Just curious that's all.

Jay may be petite but she can also be aggressive and attack other pigs for no reason at all. I believe she helped killed Jersey by putting her under so much stress bossing her around. Now if she smells a piggy she go nuts. She is very much like Justice! Justice is very violent and NOT trust her with another piggy! And they say boys fight!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:13 am

I think of possibly pain or hormonal imbalance being the cause of aggression (and, of course, personality). I am sure you know the signs of ovarian cysts in case that plays a part.
https://www.guinealynx.info/ovarian_cysts.html

I believe some people have described sensitivity when scratching on a guinea pig's back.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:57 pm

The only one of my guinea pigs to do that was BJ. He had mites though.

Lisa12

Post   » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:29 pm

Daisymay, what a cool gang of pigs you have!!!
You should be very proud.. And JAy has the coolest hair-same breed as my first guinea pig, Kluivertka..:)!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:20 pm

Jay is unusually quiet, being Spring here I gave everyone some cat grass which they loved BUT maybe it gave her a tummy ache so have given her some Pron8utre and will see how she is in morning. Her soft palette is back and is very noisy.

Can't go to emergency vet as I don't drive and vets at local clinic out of 10 vets only 3 pretend they know about piggies and 1 of those is away till October 31st.

I also ordered 2 bales of meadow hay but I swear these bales are Oaten as the strands are think and not thin and straggly. They are always messing up the order. But they are the only ones who home deliver. What can one do? Keep you posted.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:26 am

OK, Jay still quiet. Only when she feels like it will nibble on a little cucumber other wise just hay and pellets. Seems I was in a hurry when I ordered hay and it was MY fault I got Oaten instead of Meadow hay. They will do a swap over of the unused bale Friday when in my area. Then will give them a bit of both till Oaten finished. Keep you posted.

Jay going to vet next week to see if she needs another hormone injection. She certainly has them when the boys squeak she goes nuts and squeaks back and starts dashing in her pen. Hoping she will get use to them soon!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:04 am

Hope they like the new hay!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:55 pm

Sounds like the people who supply your hay are nice to deal with. That's good, even if they make mistakes.