WindeSpirit.com ~ Sewing 4 A Cause

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:14 pm

Some more fun for Cyber Monday, and Tuesday. Free pad with each house and lounger bed purchase!
November 27th & 28th only.

Purchase any house and/or loungers as usual and I'll automatically make a pad for each one. No codes or adding to cart needed.
Cheers!

www.sewing4acause.com

(p.s. Discouraged about cotton selections? See this post

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:29 pm

Yay for Cyber Monday AND Tuesday!

p.s. Mia the Chicken is still sleeping in her WindeSpirit bed :-)

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:17 am

Isn't this where we usually ask for proof, Lynx? *grins* Hope her molting this year is much easier too.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:44 pm

She quit laying eggs earlier this year and I think that has slowed down her molt. She lost a few sets of feathers (like her tail feathers and another area) but has not had a drastic molt so far. But she is slowing down eating and very slowly losing weight (it does fluctuate). I hope she does not have a hard molt this year too!

p.s. Ebon has tried to sneak onto Mia's sleeping area. I am sure it is inviting! (Mia chases her away)

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:45 pm

It's been a few months and I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday Season! Our holidays were quiet and the girls got to flirt with a couple vacationers across the way, but the new year soon took a turn a week in. Sadly, though not unexpected, Ellie was helped over last Monday to reunite at the Bridge with her sister.

Luna, I'm sure, has been tolerant of me this week, though soaking up the extra snuggle time. Today, we're moving things around a bit for a change of pace and trying to decide what new house she would like and thought we'd ask all of you!

I haven't decided if I'll make only one kind, two, or more. I guess that depends on your answers and what kind of time I have, but I will surely say and show what gets made. Can't wait to hear your ideas!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:37 pm

I am sorry to hear about Ellie. I know you will miss her.

Are there any nice heart shaped vegetable prints that might work?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:46 pm

I'm sorry you lost Ellie.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:21 pm

Thank you bpatters and Lynx. Yes, Ellie will be greatly missed.

I'm not sure about heart shaped vegetable prints, I haven't looked recently to be honest. I should of clarified a bit better though, I will be designing the new houses. Only after do materials come into the picture ;-)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:30 am

I did figure you were thinking about designs. For what it's worth, my money is on you coming up with the best design of all! (you are quite creative!)

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Perhaps Lynx, but the designs never come without some sort of inspiration, something that seemed to start drying up into far between spurts after Jr died. I've been struggling since, I loath to admit.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:52 pm

Would an easily detachable heart-pad as a "front door" entry pad work? Hearts seem to be a natural but due to their shape, maybe difficult to come up with an actual hidey that has enough body to hold itself up in the correct form.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:44 pm

I already have a couple versions of the designer heart pads. I was considering offering the shell hearts (like the sea shell), again this year. They went over decently when first designed but I was hoping for something new .... for Luna of course!
I was fooling around at lunch with a rose bed design and music heart notes, although the later seems like it would be a bit to pricey to make properly on my first thoughts of it. Don't know, I've not had anyone else offer up any thoughts or suggestions yet either.

You are right about worry of holding up though, it takes a thicker foam for some sizes/shapes, which also means extra material, and it drives the prices up to much. I already use one of the highest priced foam brands for some safety measures and length of use.