Perpetua, Puzzle and Pepsi

JaneDoe

Post   » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:44 pm

It was in September of 2011, exactly ten years after the attack on the World Trade Center, that I adopted Puzzle. He was supposed to help put together the "puzzle" that was my life. Instead, he ended up breaking my heart, dying as the result of a congenital malocclusion that was no one's fault. He was less than two years old.

Pepino is such a funny guy. I had a Buffalo Wild Wings bag on the floor and he crawled right into it. I could have just carried him off in it as it had a handle on it. Uber Eats bags are a blessing--I can hide the piggy carriers in them and carry them in an Uber without them being detected.

JaneDoe

Post   » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:16 pm

Pepino died October 20th. This was one of the last pictures of him:

Pellegrino and I have started a new game. It’s called “move the food.”

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:26 am

Oh, he was so handsome! I have a soft spot for white piggies. Peace and healing to you.

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:38 am

Yes he was, thank you.

Honestly, I never would have thought of adopting a PEW until I got Pandora almost 15 years ago. After Lightning died I was on my way to an adoption event in Virginia when I stopped at the Alexandria shelter where I got Pippin. They had a baby PEW girl named "Hannah" who hadn't been there very long and wasn't even on any web site. I looked at her just to be polite and thought "she's cute and she gets along well with Pippin."

A few days before Pepsi died (I had no idea it was coming) and I thought of Pandora, who had died almost three years before that and how I if I got a chance to adopt another PEW I would. Then when Pepsi died I found Pepino, his mom, four other siblings and I think some other PEW's at the Fairfax County shelter. Pandora is on the left, Pepsi is on the right:

JaneDoe

Post   » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:48 pm

Today is Pellegrino's fourth birthday:

My beautiful Pellegrino is four years old today! He will probably get extra veggies Sunday or Monday but today we celebrated by NOT brushing his fur:

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:48 am

Oh my goodness, JaneDoe, he is BEAUTIFUL!!! *swoon*

Happy Birthday, Pellegrino! Enjoy your special day!

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:16 am

Thank you. And he's become even more beautiful!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:43 am

He is magnificent and knows it!

JaneDoe

Post   » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:42 pm

Thank you, Sef. Yes, he does. That picture was pretty much a candid one. Pepino went to the vet and Pellegrino came for the ride. The vet was weighing him or something and I just HAD to take a picture.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:09 am

Facebook reminded me it was ELEVEN YEARS AGO that I adopted Perpetua:

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:38 pm

She’s a beauty! And she was so lucky to get you for an early Christmas gift!

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:34 pm

Thanks, ItsaZoo, she was. She had JUST come into the shelter in a cardboard box, very pregnant, and I fell in love with her. She died exactly three weeks after the robbery in 2012, which was awful.

Pepsi came from the same shelter in 2012 and I got Pellegrino from there in 2016.