Our Quirky Companions!

jadebeloved

Post   » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:02 am

I thought it would be fun to start a thread about our piggies quirks. I love watching the personalities of all my pigs shine, and I love reading about other piggies special habits.
Things that make them stand out from the others.
Things that make each piggy unique, and loved for their own special personalities!

Here's mine:

Dash goes "bwuk bwuk bwuk!" when he walks down the ramp. Every time. Happy, gurgly piggy noises. He also popcorns in circles every time I put in a handful of fresh hay!

Esme drinks out of the water bottle SO weirdly. She doesn't lick it like a normal pig, but slides it down her throat and back out again... it makes almost no noise. She has always done this.

Alice screams bloody murder when "the hand" grabs her. It is just as sad as it is funny. She is very whiny to begin with, if she feels the slightest bit put-off.

Carlie sticks her nose wayyyy in the air when I walk in the room, rustle a bag, speak, cough, or make any other sound that alerts her to my presence. If I am getting clothes out of my dresser (beside the cage), she comes to the bars and watches me until I leave. Very observant, this one is.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:08 am

My Stella drinks water in a very hillarious way: she presses the ball inside the sipper with the very upper part of her lips (where the upper lips split). The ball releases water that trickles down her lips and teeth and she catches it with her tongue :) It is cracking me up every time :)

Merlin studies everything: you can see his eyes moving after you. I had friends coming to drop off something while I was at work and she called me back to ask me who the observant piggie was, as she had never met Merlin before :)

dmppiggie

Post   » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:19 am

My girls think that when I'm cleaning out their kitchen or putting new hay in their rack, it's time to run in circles and dance!

JoulzyPigs

Post   » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:29 am

Nibblet likes to use his rock as a pillow and whenever he has a clean cage he'll plant himself face first into it and sleep for ages

Oscar can't walk around without wheeking to himself and he'll randomly get hyper and do extremely fast laps of his cage, darting in and out of his house/tunnel as he does it

Marshall used to love sleeping in the litter tray [when we had one in their joint cage] - the dirtier the tray the happier he was [weird pig!]

Charlie's only major quirk is the fact he enjoys eating coroplast... oh and he purrs without fail every time you stroke him and will climb up at the side and stare at you until you give in and cuddle him

Fourboys4now

Post   » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:25 am

My youngest Baby Bobby is still pretty small compared to my older pigs. When he wheeks for veggies his ears flap to the wheeks. I'm going to have to get it on video.

Mr Misty wheeks if I wash my hands, walk too close to their cage, make any type of rustle sound of bags. He stands up and wheeks at the top of his lungs and gets all the other boys excited too.

GuineaPigGoddess

Post   » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:54 am

My Nugget is like Mr. Misty. She's the troublemaker! One wheek from Nugget and she gets the other 10 wheeking!

Precious watches bubbles from her water bottle. She drinks and sits there patiently waiting for the bubbles to rise. And if they do not, she attacks the spout, bitting and pulling until she gets her bubbles. :P

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:05 pm

Well, there's this:

This pig will do ANYTHING to make sure there's a layer of hay between his butt and the fleece. Even if it's a tiny layer. I don't know if it's that he genuinely likes sitting on hay, or if it's just that it's easy for his lazy self to roll over and munch while lying down. *eyeroll*

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:21 pm

I can't even imagine how much hay is wasted. I would sooooo be putting coroplast on the ends of that grid and bending it up more!! Bluegrass is too expensive to be peed and pooped on.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:52 pm

Yeah, I'm still experimenting with hayracks. I have a really secure one that I think means they actually don't get enough hay. So I tried this one... and clearly it needs some amendments too. :)

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:12 pm

He looks ticked, but as long as you don't touch him, he's happy in there all staticy

Skittlegryph

Post   » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:57 pm

Fred rumblestruts at my pug through the grids. He doesn't care about the other dog, but Fred is determined he will show my pug that he is the boss.

Leo wheeks so hard his ears flap when I feed the dogs. He knows right after the dogs get their kibble, he and Fred will get veggies.

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:35 pm

Linus has a tenancy to rumblestrut at his roommate right under a hay rack and get hay stuck up his butt. Then he gets all grumpy about it and takes out a bit of his frustration on his roommate.

He also brrrrrs everytime he hears a dog bark. We think its because he was a petstore pig at one of those places you can have your dog "pick" out their very own treat if their on a leash. He hasn't liked the sound of a dog barking since.