Guinea Pig Market - formerly Jens Custom Crafts #3

ilumiari

Post   » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:56 pm

My order safely completed its journey across the globe, thank you so much! The lettuce leaf is great :D I hung some handtowels around it, the little guys dart in, popcorn a few times, dart out, then do it all again.
I'm looking forward to put a custom order in when things quieten down a bit for you. \(^_^)/

ilumiari

Post   » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:28 am

Sorry about the double post, I didn't realise that the edit button expires after 10 minutes. This photo doesn't really convey the colour of the lettuce, but it sure does convey the comfort.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:09 am

Your guinea pigs are adorable, ilumiari, and the photos are very cute.

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:30 am

Aww, thanks so much for the pictures ilumiari! I especially love the picture in the hut! Very nice quality, do you mind if I use it for "satisfied customers" pics?

I have some really sad news. My sweet old gal Jess passed away in her sleep over night. We knew it was coming, but it doesn't make it any easier. She was right around 16 years old. I was her 4th home and she chose to live with me. When I first met Jess she was basically wild and lived outside on a rope her whole life with a neighbor down the street. He had lost a family member and had to leave town so he asked if I would watch her. I had her for about a week in my house of course, and she slowly started warming up to me. Then he had to leave town again and so I watched her again. After that she was sleeping in my bed with me and loving life. After he got home, she started breaking free from her rope and running down the street to my house on an almost daily basis. A few days later I had a knock on the door with her owner in tears. He said "Jess wants to live with you, will you keep her?". Now 10 years later, and we have had a great time together. She's been through a lot with me, new relationships, break-ups, several moves, having a baby, and getting married. She was such a good girl and I will miss her more than I can ever express. RIP Jessica, thanks for choosing me and helping me through a lot of tough times.

ElvisTCB

Post   » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:28 am

I'm so sorry for your loss, Jenny. I think it's beautiful that despite it taking so long for her to achieve, Jess obviously found a forever home to provide her with the love & care she deserved. She obviously lived a very full life, despite having to wait around for six years to start doing so. It's virtually impossible to turn away an animal when they choose you, & definitely one of the most rewarding feelings one can experience.

What a blessing for her to earn her wings while peacefully sleeping, & I am sure that she will continue to watch over you & your family. RIP, beautiful girl.

ilumiari

Post   » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:55 am

I'm very sorry for your loss, I can see that Jessica had a wonderful life with you.

I'd be happy for you to use the photo, if possible could you link it back to http://jovana.id.au. I'll try to get a better lettuce photo as well, the boys really love it!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:08 am

I am so sorry you lost your wonderful companion. He sounds like he was a great friend. I am so happy he had so many years with you and was so greatly loved. I know you will miss him.

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:47 pm

Jessica was a very blessed dog, to have found her humans.

She's at the rainbow bridge running around having a ball.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:32 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about Jessica. I know how much dogs mean to us and how hard it is to lose them.

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:56 pm

Thanks so much everyone. It's been a really rough week. My doctor called me in to go over some test results the same day that Jess passed away, and turns out I have to have my gallbladder removed on Thursday. I've been back and forth to different doctor appointments & consultations all week, and it's been very hectic for us with my daughter's dance recital right around the corner as well (that now dad has to take her to all of the rehearsals). So I just wanted to apologize in advance for orders being delayed even longer now with all of this going on. I hear the recovery time isn't long at all for this surgery so I will get right back to the orders just as soon as I can. I'm going to get as much as I can done before Thursday and also one more batch of pre-made items to get our bills paid while I am out of commission. Things have to start getting better now I hope!

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:00 pm

I'm so sorry about Jessica. She was very cute, and so fortunate to have been a part of your family.

Sending good thoughts for you and your family, and I hope that your surgery and recovery are quick and uneventful.

Guinea Love

Post   » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:29 pm

I am so sorry you lost your friend. Jess sounds like a very special dog.

My order has arrived. Hopefully, I will be able to post pictures soon.

Your beds are so beautifully made. They are so soft and cozy. My piggies just love them.