Jewel and Jinx's medical thread

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue May 30, 2023 3:21 am

There has been no improvement with feet so have bought the vitamin E lotion of Ebay and will give that a go. Thanks ItsaZoo.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed May 31, 2023 5:15 am

OK, Jewel has poops like toothpaste again and she f*rts when she does it. In Fact she f*rts when she pees too. I looked in GL and that suggested Vitamin C supplement. So have bought this https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/17278149643 ... 1&mkcid=28 Just curious how much I add each day?

Last week-end her poops were normal a little sticky but normal. Had introduced some leaves into her diet ever so slowly-over 2 weeks and all went well till Sunday and she was back to square one. If Vitamin C doesn't help will perhaps get some Flagyl but am hesitant to upset her tummy further. Any suggestions?

She is on Pron8ture twice a day and poop soup 4 times a day. Thanks for reading. Is it OK to put Vitamin C into Critical Care or better by adding some water to it and syringe feed it to her?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed May 31, 2023 8:30 am

You can do either (in Critical Care or water). 25mg should be about right though I suspect she is getting enough Vitamin C without supplementing, it may still help.
https://www.guinealynx.info/scurvy.html

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed May 31, 2023 1:16 pm

IMO, Pron8ure and four poop soups a day is way overkill. The general recommendation for probiotics is an hour before or after antibiotic administration if an antibiotic is being used. If not, once a day should be plenty. Also, Pron8ure is NOT recommended for use with a bunch of antibiotics.

How much vitamin C is she getting in the rest of her food? Her pellets may have stabilized vitamin C in them, so that would count. Normal vitamin C intake should be 10-30 mg. per day per kilogram of weight , with an extra 10-15% if a pig is ill or elderly.

What kind of leaves are you giving?

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed May 31, 2023 3:25 pm

Thank-you Lynx and bpatters.
What kind of leaves are you giving

She was getting a small piece of silverbeet and as that was tolerate (7 days) I added a small amount of lettuce. She was on this for 4 days before poops went mushy again. Now only C&C and hay.

How much vitamin C is she getting in the rest of her food
Just what is found in Critical Care and Timothy hay.

Also, Pron8ure is NOT recommended for use with a bunch of antibiotics
She is on Pron8ture usually once a day for last 2 years. Never been on more that one antibiotic at a time.

with an extra 10-15% if a pig is ill or elderly

She turned 6 in February 2023 and had too many antibiotics but never all at once. She was on Bactrim, Flagyl, Doxy but like I said never all at once. In a space of 3 months.

If not, once a day should be plenty.
When on once a day poops way worse than what they are now. On twice a day poops are way better-they are like toothpaste. Once a day more runny.

IMO, Pron8ure and four poop soups a day is way overkill

She gets 2 scoops a day of Pron8ture (comes with small spoon) and 4 x 1ml of poop soup. I throw out poop soup after 12 hours. Otherwise I keep soup in fridge. Fresh poops from Jay every 12 hours.

Also, Pron8ure is NOT recommended for use with a bunch of antibiotics

It is all that is available here.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed May 31, 2023 4:38 pm

From the Pron8ure data sheet:
Using concurrently with some antibiotics may compromise
beneficial effects. PRON8URE® efficacy may be reduced if used in conjunction with
some antibiotics. Please contactInternational Animal Health Products for advice
regarding the use of PRON8URE® in conjunction withantibiotics.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed May 31, 2023 4:51 pm

It is all that is available here.Have no choice.Thanks bpatters.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed May 31, 2023 5:32 pm

https://www.amazon.com.au/Equa-Holistic ... 250&sr=1-9

This one $51.00AUD OR https://www.amazon.com.au/PetAg-Bene-Ba ... ies&sr=1-3

This one $67.00AUD On both not guarantee get pass customs. For me living alone both are expensive. Jewel Loves Pron8ture and tries to eat syringe.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed May 31, 2023 5:48 pm

I'm sure there are plenty of probiotics in Australia. Here's one store that's got a bunch: https://www.petcircle.com.au/search?sea ... probiotics.
Budget Pet Products, Pet Shop Direct, and RSPCA World for Pets all carry probiotics.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed May 31, 2023 6:18 pm

Thanks bpatters. But which ones are safe for guinea pigs? Will do research later today.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed May 31, 2023 7:26 pm

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:45 am

Still got mushy poops-a grey toothpaste mushy poops. As I got no reply to the Probiotic whether safe or not I have paid for it and am waiting for it to come. Still making poop soup with Jays poops.

If I miss one dose her poops are worse than ever so still on Pron8ture twice a day(use to be Protexin and Zoe was on it 3 times a day) and poop soup 4 times a day. Lost 30 grams in a week too. Jays poops if anything too dry.