Insurance?

ChaosWolf

Post   » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:08 pm

dose anyone know of any place that has Guinea pig Insurance?

I wanted to look into it for Pumpkie snice she is having medical problems and Snice i need to go to vet for her and looking into medical needs for her.

angiemthomas

Post   » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:36 pm

Care Credit
www.carecredit.com

They never approve me :(

PinkRufus
Contributor in 2020

Post   » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:29 pm

Care Credit is not the same as insurance. It is a credit card that is used for veterinary/medical expenses only. It is credit and you are expected to pay the money back.

Here are some threads on the topic of pet insurance:

viewtopic.php?p=1538163#1538163

viewtopic.php?p=1715750#1715750

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:33 am

Ditto PinkRufus. Often vets' offices will have forms you can send into the companies that offer it.

http://www.petinsurance.com/

VPI is the first one I thought of. There are others out there.

swirlysf
Supporting my GP Habit

Post   » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:15 am

I had Care Credit, but then they canceled my account because I never used it (I only had the card for a year, and frankly I'm glad I didn't have to use it).

I now only have VPI insurance for two of my piggies. I plan to sign my two newest ones up as well, whenever I find the time to make the phone call anyway.

FinnBear

Post   » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:25 am

For those of you using VPI; the only plans I see here are for dogs and cats. IS there an exotics section of do they just modify one of the existing plans? Thanks.

swirlysf
Supporting my GP Habit

Post   » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:03 am

There is an exotics section, found here. In order to enroll, you have to call and talk to them directly.

Meeraj

Post   » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:13 am

Has anyone used Pet Assure Insurance?GBWhatsApp APK
They are offering coverage for single guinea pigs beginning at $9.95 per month billed monthly. And if I pay $78.96 for the year at once, then it will cost me $6.58 per month.
Any Suggestion?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:09 am

Our board search feature is pretty good. I get few hits (none recent) on that particular insurance using "pet assure". But if you search on "pet insurance", you will pull up many pages that might possibly be helpful to you.

Insurance companies are in the business of making money. Read the fine print. See if you can talk to a sales person. Here's another topic I found that is a little more recent (but still from 5 years ago):
https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/view ... hp?t=76726

If you want general reviews of this company, I'd go back online:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=pet+assure+in ... ews&ia=web

Squiggles

Post   » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:49 am

I have Nationwide with the 70% pet plan (wellness, already exisiting condition will not count) and they're pretty good. They usually do my claims within two days. Both my boys are about 22 each because they're close to five years old. I was told at the time I was looking for pet insurance, this was the only one that did guinea pigs. Now it seems like it's more. I have Pets Best for my cats, and they take a very long time. Sometimes up to a month to fufill your claim.