Fosters getting adopted

RubySimon

Post   » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:46 pm

Only true GP lovers would get why I am so excited about this. I was sitting in the new boys floor pen. Nugget is the more outgoing of the two. He came over an put his front feet on my leg. Cool! A few minutes later, he climbed onto my lap! Didn't stay of course, but he was fully on my lap of his own accord. I was thrilled. That occurred at about the 24 hour mark of them being here. Woohoo!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:34 pm

That is so excellent! They are very human adapted! Would make great pigs to adopt!

Of course, here I am, imagining you - a real animal magnet :-)

RubySimon

Post   » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:37 pm

Well, I hope they will be because I have a meet and greet at the shelter on Sunday. Had one with different people on Saturday, but they canceled. Supposed to meet a father and son there. Fingers crossed it is a good match.

RubySimon

Post   » Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:13 pm

Well, did not get adopted. Thankfully.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:25 pm

Sounds like you did not approve?

Hoping just the right adopters will present themselves!

RubySimon

Post   » Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:32 am

They were a lovely family. Mom, grandparents and two children were there. Kids were maybe 5 and 8 or 9 (bad at guessing ages). These pigs needed a quiet home, and kids old enough to safely handle them. The young girl would have probably done well, but the little guy was just too young. These pigs are so skittish. And then when you finally get them, they are very very squirmy. It would not have gone well. Had a discussion with the shelter mgr. and explained why this would be a bad placement all around. So, thankfully, the shelter had some pigs that had just come in. Older, very calm, gentle boys. The girl initially did not want them because they were older (around 4). But Mom intervened and explained that yes, they were older and she would not have them as long, but that they needed a home and love too. And that when they left her, she could get more. I could have kissed her. What a fabulous message to teach your child. The girl slowly came around and soon announced she loved them and that was that. I finished up with them, thanked the manager, and bolted with my guys. I just wanted to cry. I was so relieved. The manager said she will put more of my recommendations in my guy's profile for an adult only home or at least one with older teens. Beyond grateful that they listened to me and respected my experience and advice. So hairy moments, but good result. I have my guys and can work with them some more and the older pigs are going to live the life.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:39 am

Good to know they have updated data on your pair which will hopefully help them be placed in just the right home.

RubySimon

Post   » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:31 am

Hmm, the plot thickens. The two that were supposed to be adopted are still on the website. It updates in real time, so if the adoption had gone through, they would be taken off immediately. In fact, pictures were added. Don't know if they were returned or just not taken. Sad. But they are well taken care of.

RubySimon

Post   » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:47 pm

Ok, the two mentioned above DID get adopted, mixed them up with others. Blurg.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:38 pm

At least you now know they found homes! I hope it was a good one.