Ravioli Medical Thread - Teeth

Leb
Supporter in '08

Post   » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:31 am

Yes his front teeth have randomly fallen out in the past but then grew back. I looked in his mouth, but I cant see far back. He's never been impacted, but I gently felt his body. I will feed him in an hour and check again. I can call the Vet too.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:02 pm

Feed him. Force feed him if necessary. Probably THE most important non-vet thing you can do for a pig is to feed it when it's sick.

A "bit" of critical care won't do. The rule of thumb for a pig that's not eating is to feed 100 cc. of CC per 1000 grams of pig, every day, split into 6-8 feedings. Adjust up or down according to the pig's weight, and down if the pig is eating anything else. And syringe water at the same time you're feeding.

And get him to a vet, ASAP.

Leb
Supporter in '08

Post   » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:20 pm

It is hard to know what to do, I have fed him several times, but at noon he was alert and looking around his cage, picking up food and dropping it. That made me think of teeth. The next time I checked on him, he was sleeping, I said hi, and he ran out and started eating the carrot, then started to eat hay, so he CAN eat. I cut him an apple, and he ate that too. I found new poops and put the water bottle in his mouth. He is acting normal BUT I gave him Tylenol. If he is puffed in the morning I will bring him to the vet. I am continuing to feed the critical care anyway.