Jay and Jersey's thread

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:06 am

No idea. Not sure chewing on hair is a good idea if she eats it, though. A very very few guinea pigs have developed trichobezoars (hairballs). I thought this was from chewing on guinea pig hair though (their own or a cage mate's).

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:48 pm

I thought any hair/fur caused hair balls. She still wants to chew on it. She's a minx when she does it too. She prentends she's sniffing then attacks! Thanks Lynx!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:16 pm

Oh, I rather do agree with you that any hair could cause them! I just didn't consider our hair a target but of course it can be.

It is funny how she pre-attack sniffs!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:16 am

Santa traveled 342,837kms and delivered 7,700,000,000 gifts sleigh departs again in 363 days. Jay is still suffering with soft palette wish there was something that could be done for her. Keep you posted! Thanks Lynx!Thankfully I don't drink. Yucky stuff! Too much sugar in it. I am getting shivers and it is 37C.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:59 pm

Jay turns 4 today, Pictures later. (January 17th 2023). Can't believe it has been that long. Where has the time gone? Seems yesterday she was a tiny bundle of fluff!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:35 pm

Congrats to Jay!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:31 am

Thanks Lynx. Well nearly 2 weeks ago I turned 4. Mum had to wait for stickers to decorate silly hat we all hate. I had a great day and got spoiled rotten.

Which happens every day anyways mum gave me some yummy watermelon-just a small bit, gone before I knew it. I also got some catgrass and a new bee bed. After syringe feed mum let me sleep on pillow while she was on PC. In fact I spent whole day with Mum. I was a lucky piggy but Mum has to ruin it with silly hat! You can tell by pictures I was so not happy! Thanks everyone , wow 4 years old I remember being with my piggy mum then coming to my human mum. Where does the time go?

https://imgur.com/QWklCHI

https://imgur.com/pwIBJrV

No pictures again. Oh well just click on the links. Wheek Wheek!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:50 am

Your pics are so cute! Did you get a new camera?

Here, I'll give it a try:

p.s. I right clicked on the image and selected "open image in new tab". That way I had only the image with the address in the url ending in .jpeg (to use image tags, the address needs to end in .jpg, .jpeg, or .png) and I could copy it to post here with the img tags around it.

Lisa12

Post   » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:02 pm

Sorry, we are late, but Irie, Ziggy and I wish you very happy birthday!!

What a cool hairstyle..keep on rocking for many years, Jay!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:59 pm

No new camera. My counselor came and took photos with her phone. Here is a picture of Jay first day we got her February 2019.

Small enough to fit in one hand even at 6 weeks old. How time has flown by. Thanks Lynx, Lisa12. Sorry not very clear.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:44 am

Hope the birthday party was a happy one!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:14 am

Thank-you Lisa12 and ItsaZoo. As you know never good to have a birthday as you get a year older. Lucky I have fur so no-one can see the wrinkles.

My slave said around 6 months ago that vet said I had dermatitis front leg. It is naked of fur and I bite the living daylights out of it! Vets suggestion was to use my ear and eye antibiotic ointment onto it. But even though it tastes yucky I lick it off. Lately it has been driving me nuts again so mum this time put 1 part salt to 10% water. This too drove me nuts but as least it was yummy. You slaves got any ideas? Must taste yummy though! I can still taste the ear and eye ointment YUCKY! Thank you to all you slaves. Thankfully here a welcome cool change is in!