The 3 (new) little piggies

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:39 pm

It's interesting that Gillligan is grieving even though he doesn't live alone. We generally haven't seen that and that's why we aim for three pigs together (before we had babies). It's so sweet that Gilligan & Mr. Bubbles developed a bond through the bars. I can just picture what you're describing. Yeah, you'll help each other through.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:02 pm

Gilligan has arguments with his cage buddy, Skipper. Nothing serious, just loud squeaking when Skipper gets in his face. It always ends with Skipper backing off. Not sure if that is the reason Gilligan liked Mr Bubbles so much or not. I do know that Skipper never really socialized much with Mr Bubbles. He did with Oreo, but none of the other pigs who were or are his neighbors. Wilber and Grady are next to them now and there doesn't seem to be much of anything between the 2 pairs. It's only been a few days, so maybe something will develop. For now, Gilligan prefers his tunnel. He comes out to eat, drink and say hello when I walk up. I'm hoping that the increased lap time will help him as much as it does me.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:10 pm

So it's now been two years since we lost our Oreo Cookie. I was talking with my granddaughter about him the other day and the bond they had. There was something about Ella that guinea pig really loved. That proved to me that they pick their humans. He chose wisely. We still miss him to this day. I know he's resting peacefully with his friends who have passed on and looking forward to the time when we're all together again. We will always love you Oreo Cookie and we appreciate the happiness you brought to our lives.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:00 am

Handsome boy! RIP with buddies, good health lushish grass till together again! Hugs to you both!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:01 am

Some guinea pigs are remembered and loved for a very long time. I'm glad your granddaughter has fond memories of him too.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:27 pm

RIP sweet Oreo. I'm glad your granddaughter had the joy of an especially close bond with a pig.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:23 pm

Gilligan using the bumper as a pillow. How cute is that? He's such a sweet and mellow boy.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:10 pm

He sure does look comfortable!

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:46 pm

Aww!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:11 am

So cute when they snuggle up.