Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:37 pm

I have every date saved in my calendar.

Scruffy: December 8, 2019
BJ: February 20, 2021
Oreo: April 4, 2021
Sammy: December 21, 2021
Ruffles: February 13, 2022

I take a minute of reflection on each day to remember them.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:56 pm

I was finally able to prepare Ruffles' final resting place. She's on my guinea pig wall of fame next to Sammy. She got a special sparkling gold frame. It's never taken me this long to do that, but I'm still having a hard time letting her go. I think it's because of how she went and at such a young age. It may sound silly but I almost feel like I let Buttercup down because I couldn't save her baby. This one will hurt for a while, but I'm getting better.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:08 pm

You did all you could and she and Buttercup know that. You can't blame yourself it will eat you up. You loved her so much she knew that and now she has her wings! When you miss her look inside your heart and there she will be! In the mean time it does help talk to her as if she is here. She'll hear you and it will help you! Big hugs! Love the box and picture and frame a wonderful tribute!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:34 am

This is such a nice tribute.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:12 pm

What a nice picture of her. I love her sparkly gold frame. I bet she would approve.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:21 pm

Lovely memorial for her.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:15 pm

Very nicely done.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu May 05, 2022 8:23 pm

Spent some quality time with Buttercup today. She really is a loveable, cuddly girl. I enjoyed it every bit as much as she did. I still wonder what her life was like before coming to us. If she was paired with her brother, how many litters did she have? She has always been a little bit skiddish, so I imagine she didn't get held much. All of that is behind her now. She's happy living in our home and sharing her space with her daughter.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri May 06, 2022 11:13 am

Lucky girl!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu May 12, 2022 2:36 am

Cage day today and I decided to get photos of my guinea pigs since it's been a while since I've posted updates on them other than medical issues. Buttercup and Muffin have a great relationship. Muffin is like greased lightning and she's very skiddish still. She will take food from me and sniff my hand through the cage, but she still runs to avoid getting picked up. I have to be careful when I put her down or she'll jump out of my hands. She hides behind her mother and Buttercup comforts her. She will sit still when I hold her. I don't know if it's out of fear or if she feels secure being held against my chest. Buttercup lets me pick her up as long as I let her go to her pickup spot. She snuggles and purrs. Such beautiful ladies!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu May 12, 2022 2:53 am

If Muffing turned around Mum would make good camouflage. She would be lost in same colours as her Mum. I think Muffin will end up larger than Buttercup! Lovely girls. My girls it is fright or fight and 99% of the time it is fright. Even Jinx and Jewel who are 5. But once cuddled they are real cuddle buns! Great picture!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Thu May 12, 2022 4:47 pm

Such cuties. The young ones are amazingly fast.

Mine doesn’t like being picked up either, and she’s wary of me now with ear drops twice a day. Hopefully that will change once her ear infection is cleared up.