Eye ulcer snd vet visit

sozansound2

Post   » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:20 pm

i see some of her poop are loosing form. kind of like diarrhea but not there yet. any ideas?

for Acidophilus, i only could ever find tablets and not capsules in my local pharmacy. couldn't i crush the tablets enough and mix into the CC?

aside from white towels, heated water bottles and metoclopramide, what other things i should have for post surgery?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:27 pm

Again, she likely needs a probiotic. Antibiotics are notorious for causing diarrhea. You're here in the US, right? Almost every pharmacy and healthfood store carries Acidophilus in a capsule. If not, you can crush a tablet and sprinkle that instead. I use Garden Acidophilus, which can be ordered on Amazon.com but might take a day or two to get there, depending on whether or not you have Prime.

Some use Bene-bac, which can be found at many pet shops or farm/feed stores.

ETA: See https://www.guinealynx.info/probiotics.html

sozansound2

Post   » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:41 pm

yep, in the east coast.

you mean this?:
https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostor ... ll-animals

and even then, i feel like just getting the tablets and crushing them since i have a pharmacy just 1 minute away from my house. probably will buy that one you linked from amazon after everything has settled. i am just thinking about post op and what i will need at the moment.

good news is, i may end up getting the specific hay i need for her tomorrow.

sozansound2

Post   » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:51 pm

also, what do you mean by nuking the critical care?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:27 pm

Warming up the Critical Care can make it more palatable. I generally microwave it for just a few seconds, careful not to make it too hot.

sozansound2

Post   » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:52 pm

yea since i have them frozen, i brake them apart with a knife and then microwave for a few seconds.

sozansound2

Post   » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:15 pm

i swear, guinea pigs can be smart but never in your favor.

it went from eating all the critical care smeared lettuce on the first day, to eating around the smeared critical care the next day (i just rotated the lettuce were there isint critical care and she ate the whole thing) and now to just letting the lettuce drop the second she taste critical care lmaoo

i just wrapped the parts she drops from her mouth (i know it is on purpose) into other lettuce like a sandwich and show the sides that don't have critical care smeared on them. she tends to eat them that way. i wonder what she is gonna do tomorrow

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:29 pm

Our pets can be so funny!

I hope you win the food battle (or at least get enough food into her!).

sozansound2

Post   » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:03 pm

as long as she eats her 2 servings of smeared veggies a day, i think it should be enough

sozansound2

Post   » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:26 pm

i thought she would get worse when it comes to eating lettuce with critical care but i guess she was hungry this morning and ate them with no problem. also added some powdered acidophilus to the lettuce as well.

her weight before breakfast was 782 grams today. she was 780 grams 2 days ago so i guess the equivalent of 2 syringes of critical care is enough to stabilize her weight. it is less than 24 hours till her operation so she has done super well this past week.

sozansound2

Post   » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:48 pm

not gonna downplay it. i know as the time went by, her pain has slowly increased

sozansound2

Post   » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:39 pm

i have a question. if a guinea gets buprenorphine, are they less likely to eat on their own?

also, should i use metoclopramide a bit after surgery just incase? or wait till she shows signs of not eating as much?