Anyone Ordered from KMS Lately?

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:08 pm

Looks like Amazon has Versele-Laga Complete in $.
I can't get the link to work...

and, it doesn't say "supreme" but:
https://www.chewy.com/s?query=Science+S ... 5gEALw_wcB

SardonicSmile

Post   » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:26 pm

I couldn’t get a link to amazon to work either.

But that chewy link is what my piggies get, the grainfree one. The regular one has a higher calcium level.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:21 pm

Our pigs are very happy with their new bag of KMS pellets.

JJGiebz
Make Good Choices

Post   » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:57 pm

Mmeadow - what do they look like and what is the mill date? Out of curiosity.

My pigs are not unhappy with the pellets, they eat them with gusto as usual. My fear is that their GI tracts are unhappy with the pellets, and I'm certainly unhappy with the customer service.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:41 pm

Dan from KMS emailed me late last week, annoyed that I had posted an "inflammatory" comment on their FB page. My comment was really just the question, "Do you bother to respond to your customers?" In his email, he asked me to send photos of the new pellets compared to the old pellets, stating that he would make a determination as to whether or not he would ship a replacement order. I sent photos but haven't heard anything back.

Were it not for the fact that we have had so many bladder stone issues over the years, I'd switch back to Oxbow and be done with it. Harold, our senior with GI sensitivity who is going through a lot of major issues at the moment (that may or may not have been triggered by the new KMS pellets) is now on Garden Select.

SSLee

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:43 am

I just received a bag of KMS pellets with the mill date of 10/15/2020, which my piggies are scarfing down. Their previous pellets were also KMS but they were brown colored compared to this new batch, which is green colored. I buy 10 lbs at a time for 2 piggies. Perhaps, the previous batch started out green and aged to brown over time.

JJGiebz
Make Good Choices

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:33 pm

Sef: I guess that is the only way to get a response! I can't believe he was annoyed by that, makes me want to follow up on my email from six months ago just to pile on. I hope he responds to you. I tried Garden Select before I switched to KMS and my guys wouldn't touch it. Ingrates.

SSlee - Do they smell the same? I haven't seen any green ones yet (from KMS).

I just can't believe the lack of consistency. I know it's the mill, but do they not have quality control? Does KMS not look at the batch before it ships? Sigh.

SSLee

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:13 pm

Unfortunately I do not have anymore of the previous batch to do the smell test.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:22 am

Our other guys seem okay with the pellets and I'll likely keep ordering it, but I still think it was the beginning of the end for our senior with the sensitive gut (my sweet little old man was PTS yesterday; that was rough).

In Dan's email to me, the one complaining about my "inflammatory remarks," he stated that the ingredients haven't changed in years, but he didn't speak to why the pellets in this batch look very different from the last. Length/size of pellet is one thing, but color/smell is another---especially if the pellets seem to cause tummy trouble. The pellets in this batch aren't green (how odd---did they leave out the molasses?), but they're a much lighter color than in the past.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:48 pm

The color of the pellets is dependent on the color of the hay, which is dependent on growing conditions and when the hay is harvested. I wouldn't worry at all about the difference in color.

I also doubt that the molasses would contribute much to the color.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:35 am

If that's the case, why doesn't the color of Oxbow pellets vary by that much? Or for that matter, why wouldn't KMS pellets vary all the time, since it would seem that hay color would be highly inconsistent from year to year. This is the first batch I've gotten in a while that didn't look the same.

Even if that's the reason, would it be too much to ask for Dan to explain that to a concerned customer? "Yes, the harvest was late this year, and therefore the color of hay affected the way this batch of pellets look and smell." Instead, I have to send pictures and still haven't heard back. It's just crappy customer service.

JJGiebz
Make Good Choices

Post   » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:42 pm

After you posted about your interaction with him I read through their reviews on facebook. A lot of similar complaints followed by Dan/KMS defending their customer service practices. So I guess that's just how they operate. I'm kind of curious to know why they got into this business.

I am glad to hear that the rest of your herd is doing ok, Sef. I hope they give you some extra love this week.