Anyone Ordered from KMS Lately?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:43 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't blame the quality of the hay on the supplier this year. The West, where a lot of it comes from, has been bone dry. It's a wonder they've made any crops at all.

Mrshashim

Post   » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:24 pm

Except they made a post on Facebook stating the quality with a picture of how green it was. Certainly wasn't the case with mine. And it's not just this time either, I've had issues ever since the new owners.

SSLee

Post   » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:51 am

What shipping service does KMS use? I need to order hays and pellets and have had them shipped to the office in the past. Remote working has been successful, so my employer is looking to downsize our office space. The cubicle that I store all my piggie supplies in will no longer be available. I need to start shipping the hays and pellet to my home. I live in a city where quite a bit of porch pirate activity have taken place, so I need to make sure I'm working from home the day supplies are delivered.

Tofu

Post   » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:40 am

KMS uses UPS for shipping.

guineafam49

Post   » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:39 pm

I switched my two piggies to KMS Timothy pellets over the summer and they loved them (I have one very picky girl and one who will eat literally anything). Last week, I got a new 10lb bag and neither of them will touch them (well, the non-picky one has had a few). I contacted them today and all they could say was "sorry" and that they haven't changed anything. Anyone else have this issue? We need a low calcium pellet. Any alternatives?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:03 pm

That's not stellar customer service. I just got a new bag a few days ago, and am not sure what to think. Our guys are eating it, but my senior pig with a history of chronic GI issues and doesn't adjust well to dietary changes, had a major episode yesterday. I have wondered if the pellets have changed in some way.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:46 pm

What the heck? $34 for a 10 lb. bag of KMS on Amazon?

https://www.amazon.com/KMS-Hayloft-Timo ... 360&sr=8-1

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:33 pm

The pellets were never a good deal in terms of price. The hay used to be a better relative value (against Oxbow, for example) but (perhaps except this current season) has always been far, far better quality than the other brands.

My pigs seem to prefer KMS. I'll alternate with Oxbow from time to time, and at first they are interested in trying something new, but then will revert to KMS if they are presented with both.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:24 pm

I think the KMS price depended on shipping, which was always charged separately. For me, the difference between Oxbow and KMS was never more than a dime a pound, sometimes favoring one and sometimes the other.

IssaG

Post   » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:27 pm

I received my box a few days ago. The 2nd cut Timothy was not what I expected. Hard and brittle. Nothing like the Oxbow hay I'd bought. But I only bought a little for enrichment so we'll see. The oat hay looked fine and the bluegrass was its usual excellent quality.

My pigs wouldn't eat the pellets. Well, they would after a while but left them till the end. So the cost and inconvenience didn't make it worth it for us. I have switched Oxbow brands because the one I usually use was sold out and they seem to like the new pellets. So I don't know why the didn't care for KMS.

IssaG

Post   » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:28 pm

Oh and KMS became more expensive for me when they went to free shipping. I'm in the Pacific NW so shipping wasn't all that much before.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:09 pm

KMS Pellets have always cost around $21 on Amazon.com for a 10 lb bag. I don't understand why they have jacked the price up like that.