Unsure of what happened to my pig

Lisa12

Post   » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:49 am

Oh and for birthday present we choose to buy Oxbow Timothy hay, orchard grass and oats hay and wooden tunel:
https://www.uniq4pet.eu/si/seno/31-oxbo ... a-1_130_kg
https://www.mrpet.si/small-animals-skri ... 17225.aspx
Hope Irie will like it..

Lisa12

Post   » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:34 pm

I have abit of freaked out if anyone will understand what I mean.
As I said Irie s analsack its bit outer, visible, inflated,swollen or how do you say on the right side as on left. I dont like it at all.
We checked urine test itsokay..he s eating normal..i ll weight him tomorrow cause our scale run out of battery.

What scared me.. is that he has like little ball(lump), whatever, about 1/4 of the entire thing..I immidiatly checked if its on the left side too but only very little. Can you feel testicle from the outside maybe? Orwhat should that be?
I really hope its not tumor or something..I never notice it before..

I really am notthat experienced with guinnea pigs and this things.. so I dont push, squeeze or whatever to not hurt him..I always checked it very gentely.We re avoiding vets as much as we can. We ve only been 3 times(including surgery)this year, so..but if I wont be sure with this thing I ll bring him to checkhim..(with new vet probably).

Does anybody haveslightest idea what should that be that I noticed?
I really had tough day and cant takeanymore stress so I better wrote it for you if anybody have time..wish you goodday

Lisa12

Post   » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:35 pm

You cant see this *lump*cause its inside..I only felt it..

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:41 pm

It needs to be seen by a vet. It could be a small pocket of infection, or a swollen gland, or something more ominous.

Lisa12

Post   » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:00 pm

Thanks for an oppinion! Urine resultsare normal, tough. his weight is very good..
I ll check it again tomorrow when I get myself together.. with my sister..we ll see the vet if necessary, of course.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:03 pm

Without being able to see if, I don't know. Could it be an impaction? If you aren't comfortable doing a thorough check of his anal sac, I would have it looked at by your vet just to rule out anything serious and/or have the sac cleaned out if that's the problem.

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:45 am

I dont think is impaction..
Its like on the bottom of left and right side so I kind of(sorry i feel blonde-am- for notknowing this)tought maybe its testicles...
Its little wierd its more on the right.
He will see vet in one lesscold day next week..if we dont figureout what is it..
We dont have (regular)vet anymore so its a bit complicated. Urine okay, popping okay still, very active so I guess its not an emergency.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:46 am

Would it show up in a photo?

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:55 am

I think on the photo it would look normal..we can take a photo of his anal sack and this things..and I can maybe mark where it is, if it would be any help to found out if thats normal

My sister said(we work now and this stuff she ll check tomorrow morning cause she is at home.. I hope its part of normal structure of adult *wild*boar.
He s making sounds when i check it so he doesnt like it..but he doesnt like to be checked out, anyway, so...:).

Maybe from this photo https://www.guinealynx.info/images/impaction-2.jpg from left in your view (right pigs side)is this beside finger on the left side testicle or no?), cause its like right on the bottom of this...Excuse me for my no knowledge of guinea pig anatomy or how it is called

After all even if he goes for quick check with vet sort of with some experience in exotics, vet should know if thats normal or not..i guess. He s behaving normal, and eveything..

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:11 am

Anyway, I check it (last time) and my sister will tomorrow..
I think he has this *lump* on both sides just that his enitreright side is slightly swollen...so..
I hope i am right and it does not seem(despite i dont know what is this on the inside) that is nothing dangerous.

We will update when we get some new informations.. so you wont have 100 posts to read about it... I was thinking of bring him to vet for this one day, anyway..luckily other things seem okay with him.

Lisa12

Post   » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:15 am

I was asking you this..that you can clearly see on this photo, if anybody is in doubt like I were ...I didnt know cause pigs doesnt have it as cats and dogs:)

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/84d5/e ... 2063cf.pdf

Lisa12

Post   » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:16 am

Second(rigth)photo on the link..