Bladder Stone study

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:41 am

I forgot that I have a "grou.ps" site that I was playing around with last month. It allows upload of files for sharing:
http://grou.ps/this_little_piggie/files

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:37 pm

I also got a copy of the report. I read through it going, "One of those four Abby pigs was my Sully!" I will have to print it out and send it to my vets with a thank-you note for their part in participating in the study.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:58 pm

That's cool! It would be great if we got a hard (official) link to the study report that we could use from here.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:54 pm

Lynx -- if you want me to, I can email the report to you tomorrow from work (our AOL dial-up here at home is brutal). Then maybe you can house it somewhere fairly permanent with a link (and delete my post to avoid confusion).

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:19 pm

I was able to access the file. It's not a question of copying it here but whether or not we could have permission to have it here (or find a link to it elsewhere).

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:37 pm

I'll ask my source if we can have permission to do so. Her boss is a colleague of Dr. Hawkins.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:54 am

If you can get permission, it would be most helpful to have the person giving it email me directly so I can keep it on file (I think you have my email).

rshevin

Post   » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:17 pm

Lynx, if the journal is published free online there's no reason you can't link to it. If the publisher says it must be paid for then not even the author can authorize distribution.

rshevin

Post   » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:25 pm

The abstract is here:
http://avmajournals.avma.org/doi/abs/10 ... .234.2.214

You will not be able to post full text. Technically Sef shouldn't even pass around her copy via email. Unfortunately with papers copyright belongs to the publisher, not the author.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:00 pm

Thanks so much, rshevin. This is what I was looking for (a legit link).

We could do a more detailed summary, referencing the paper legitimately.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:29 pm

Technically Sef shouldn't even pass around her copy via email.
I'm not passing it around via email. And I removed it from my site, since I didn't mean for it to create any hullabaloo here.

TWP_2

Post   » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:56 pm

Ironically, any and all of us could go to a library that offers inter-library loan, and have our own copy of the paper from an academic library that owns it.

There's rules and regs on how many copies of articles can be made in a year, but rarely enforced (and usually there's another library that has the paper if the first one does not send it).