WindeSpirit.com-Original Cage Blankets-Igloos-Tunnels-&

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:34 am

Weaver, I know you've been asked this before. Where did you get the cute hanging animals in the cage? I've been looking everywhere for them and can't find them.

Man alive, that Reba is cute!

Elvis and Fiona just got corner pockets. Fiona and Kumar think they're great. Elvis still isn't sure if it's going to attack him.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:00 pm

GPFun - No I had not received a e-mail from you. You may still have my old comcast address from before our move. I'll send you a message with the new e-mail address.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:15 pm

CS8 - hurray they arrived! I bet Elvis will learn quickly how to get mom to feed him while he's in there with that charming personality of his.
Fiona told me she needs one of those princess crowns on her corner pocket ;)

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:45 pm

Windespirit, I had seen on your website that you needed batting for rescue beds....do you have some beds to complete if someone made a donation to you? Could we just make a money donation for you to pick up batting instead of mailing the batting itself (seeing batting is so bulky)?

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:31 pm

Yes Weaver I do have cotton and fleece donated materials waiting on batting. I know there's at least 5 tunnels and pockets that are already cut for sure, I've barely been able to touch the other 15 gallon box yet from the move and I know that has pads and tunnels already cut, I've forgotten what else in in it. Hey, maybe you might you have some extra time? *grins* I'll e-mail you.

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:46 pm

No, I don't have the extra time ;P I am still sewing rescue beds myself. I had just thought that if you needed batting I could send you some money to pick up a bag. I know the rescues are REALLY in need right now with the weather being so cold and the drop off rates so high.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:02 pm

Oh well, worth asking anyhow, just toss that e-mail out. But yes, batting donations would be a huge help to get things out much quicker to rescues. I'm letting you take care of the beds, but I'm still making pockets, tunnels, and pads for sure.

Anyone that would like to make donations for rescues can send by paypal to:
order "at" windespirit.com
Please use in the subject line "Rescue Donations". I can guarantee anything from now to March will go completely to batting and shipping things to the Rescues.

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:17 pm

Windespirit, I wrote back to you.

Poor Baby Cuzko
My piggy made me give!

Post   » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:52 pm

Winde, do you have any softy hay racks? If so, how much? Can't afford one until next month hopefully, but would like to know the cost.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:18 am

PBC - I do still have a few of the Softy Hay Rack pre-cuts. Right now I'm only finishing them as ordered. If you scroll down past the Hay Socks I have the fabrics paired together. Prices are under each item.

If you know for sure you wish to get something but wish to get it at a later date, up to 4 months in advance, you may place a order and I'll have it ready by that date. Just make a mention of this in the comments area at the bottom of the ordering form till I get the form updated to put dates in.

Softy Hay Racks and Hay Socks

ctrteresa

Post   » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:38 pm

Winde - what exactly do you do with the pads? Right now I'm using towels and fleece. Would that be an addition to the towels/fleece or a substitute? I love the corner pockets.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:37 am

Ctrteresa, we use the pads in addition the the cage blankets. It really depends on the size of the pads though for the larger ones, some are large enough to span across the cage. And yes, a size may be requested.

Assorted Pads, they are sized for under houses and other spots that get heavy wetness/dirty before the rest of the cage. Under the water bottles in the summer has saved us many times. Changing a pad is much quicker, easier, and laundry friendly then changing a whole cage for just a spot or two.

Another places we found the Assorted Pad sizes convenient are in the litter (hay) pans, lap time, in the sink baths, on counter for meds or hair trims, lining robe pocket and putting piggy in. I snatch them to use around the house to :P

The larger the pad the more area of course. Hay areas are a big one for me since I feed on the cage floor often, second is under stools/houses since they get wet the most. While I like the pads because it has been overall less washing, it is keeping them drier as they don't move around like the younger ones anymore. Last but equally important for me is to change things on the spot quick. Pads are so versatile the uses are only limited to imagination. Clover (dog) likes one in her cage as well, she won't go in there when we eat if there is no pad.

Depending on what I hear back from the lady that will be testing some carrier pads, by this time next month I hope to have some sets available for cat size carriers.