A Guinea Pig in Need, is a Good Pet Indeed or, Why Adopt?

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:33 pm

Yay, Carmella! How cute. She has been sneaky, hasn't she?

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:45 pm

Carmella, you are a star!

She is so gorgeous. :)

Bugs Mom

Post   » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:32 pm

She deserves to be in every paper in the country.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:08 pm

Oooh lala, that is so cool.
The expression of Carmella standing in front of the newspaper is priceless,..
"who, me, famous? Why thank you.

Wheekers3

Post   » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:34 pm

We got a phone call...

"Hey, How much ju wan for da peeg?"

It was a friend joking. It had Mr. Weekers going for a second. Now we make make jokes about how she might get pignapped etc.

Her head is going to be too big for her pigloo.

TexCavy

Post   » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:22 am

I read this for the first time today and the stories brought tears to my eyes. Especially since I have spent the last hour googling trying to find out what the university might really have done to all those lab piggies. I found some disturbing stuff. Even without details it bothered me. And then reading this right after, made me even more glad to have given two of them a new home. So I have to make the intros work out somehow now. Thanks for making this story a sticky Lynx.

Wheekers3

Post   » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:51 pm

Her Birthday was last "week"-end. She has turned 6 now. ( 4 years with us.)

We had our traditional homeade carrot cake after dinner that night. Her gift was some new carpeting for her upstairs loft and ramp.

Where does time go? Too fast for such a sweet pig.

TexCavy

Post   » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:46 pm

Wow. Six years old and four of them in your happy home. That's awesome.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:43 pm

When someone buys from a pet store, they may not be aware that they not only support the cruelty, cavalier neglect and abuse rampant in retailing, but an entire chain of abhorrent practice.

Most petstore pigs come from huge mill breeders. Nearly everyone has heard of the horrors of puppy mills, but any animal can be "milled" ... and nealy all of them are.

Those that make it out of a mill breeders' enter a chain of brokerage and wholesale distribution every bit as horrific.

Major Pet Store Supplier Raided

Those that make it out of there end up in your local petstore.

Break the chain. Opt to adopt.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:09 pm

That pig is cute.

Wheekers3

Post   » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:32 pm

Being 6 now and in the throes of winter and high heating bills, I am utilizing Suey's old reptile heating pad. I can keep the house a little cooler and still not worry about her being cold. I find her on it most times, so I know it is appreciated.

It keeps the back mouth of her tube upstairs just a little warm. The cord is well hidden and covered with automotive looming, in case somehow ( very unlikely ) she gets a chance to nibble it.

She is small and frail, and we love her so much.

Wheekers3

Post   » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:21 pm

She celebrated her 7th Birthday last night. We had the usual guinea pig birthday cake here, a homemade carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.

She is so tiny and sweet. Also still loving her reptile heating pad. I cannot stress how good that is for an elderly GP accessory in wintertime.

She got a package of heirloom 3 color carrot seeds.