Uh oh!!!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:18 pm

That is a great idea! Have a pic?

RubySimon

Post   » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:52 am

Itsazoo! That is a fantastic idea! I will have to get some, but That just might work for these little slobs!! lol Thank you.

They will be going up for adoption soon. I have mixed feelings. They are a TON of work. But I am getting really attached. I keep saying this is why I foster. Sometimes it works, sometimes not so much. It will take the shelter a while to get them the right home. I was very clear that these are not pigs for little kids. And I recommended an experienced home for them. They are a teeeeeny bit better, but new parents will have to be aware that they are not easy pigs. But if someone works with them, maybe eventually they will turn around some more. It was so hard with my foster rats the first few times I had to let them go. But now I just kiss their little heads goodbye and wish them well. It is harder with certain ones (like the last pair I had), but the only other time I fostered a GP, I was a foster fail. I sadly can't be with these boys. So, I am mentally gearing myself up for "the day".

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:32 pm

You are doing a good thing. Letting go can indeed be hard. Glad you made very clear that they need to go to an experienced home.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:07 am

Here’s a link to a photo of Gidget and her coffee cup of pellets.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ch_lkLHMEN ... MyMTA2M2Y=

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:27 am

How cute!!! See, that is the difference between males and females. Female piggys can have their pellets daintily served to them in a pretty tea cup; male guinea pigs would not only knock the cup down and then fight over the scattered pellets, but they would then use the cup as a porta-potty. ;)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:05 am

I love it!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:48 pm

That reminds me of those compare and contrast puzzles we learned in grade school.

Fill in the blanks: Male guinea pigs are to pellet cups as Godzilla is to To**o.

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:24 am

That's a great idea. My recent pigs have all been good about the food dish, but I'll keep that in mind if I foster some real stinkers.

RubySimon

Post   » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:39 am

I am happy! Oreo is over 2 lbs now. When I started weighing him, he was 1.84 lbs, it's been steadily going up and this morning he is 2.11 lbs!!!
Jinx, the younger, smaller one is also gaining. We started at 1.17 lbs and this morning he is 1.45. Not a lot, but he looks less scrawny, and is eating well now. I think he might be considered kind of a "runt" pig. He is really tiny for a 7 month old piggie. But he is all over the place and seems very happy.
Now I have to go deal with my chinchilla who is coming out of a bout of stasis. Always something.....................

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:51 pm

Sounds like progress!

Hope your chinchilla is back to normal soon.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:37 pm

Guinea pigs gaining weight - :D

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:35 am

Yes, very good news!

I'm so sorry about your Chin, though. Hope he or she is doing better. Stasis is always so worrying.