Anyone Ordered from KMS Lately?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:03 pm

Sef, I'm guessing whoever wrote that doesn't speak English as their first language. I wonder if they've bought the business.

Edited to add: This is a public post from their FB page, posted September 14:
Hi Everyone:
I wanted to share a health and safety update. As I am sure many of you know, the west coast is engulfed in countless fires which are causing many problems. Washington State has nearly broken it's single-season acres burned record in less than 2 weeks.

Air quality has been near the max hazardous level for 3 days now, so much so that there has been a shelter in place order over the weekend. I have been constantly evaluating when to have our team return as a result. Much of the work is outdoors and it is very unsafe right now. We will continue shipping but orders may take a couple of days additional to ship due to reduced volumes in order to limit everyone's exposure to the smoke.

At this time, I cannot say when we will have 3rd Timothy. The fires make is so the hay cannot be harvested without ruining it. As I get more information I will pass it on to you.

We may also see delays in pellets in the next week or so. Our mill has had many employees evacuated due to these fires and are working as they can but are at a limited capacity. The fires are all around them at this time.

I always want to get your items shipped as quickly as possible and we will continue to do that with the filter of safety. Hopefully, in another day or two, the air will begin to clear, and as soon as that happens we won't have to limit our shipping capacity.

Thank you for your understanding,
Dan

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:57 pm

It sounds like they are having a very difficult time. Even small amounts of smoke I have a hard time with. The fires are terrible.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:39 pm

If it's not covid, it's fires or hurricaines (not in Pacific NW obviously). It is sad that so many small businesses are being hit so hard, no end in sight.

Gessika

Post   » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:07 am

Sef, all of the emails and texts I've received have been from Aishwarya and the responses are slow and often don't even address my actual issue.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:33 am

I have to think they have outsourced their customer service.

I can absolutely understand if they are having issues due to the fires or Covid--so many businesses are--but just wish they would just say so. I didn't see anything on their actual website that talks about this, and I don't use Facebook so I wasn't sure what was going on.

Hopefully they can survive these challenges and continue to provide top-notch hay and pellets. I have an additional concern that they might start lowering their standards at some point in order to save money.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:14 pm

It looks like KMS timothy pellets might be available now, via their website (still unavailable on Amazon.com). I ordered a 10-lb bag just now; fingers crossed.

feliciapetey

Post   » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:45 pm

Just received my 45lb of 3rd Timothy and it's awful quality. It's brown, very dusty with big dry hard bits. I miss kleenmamas quality and customer service. I'll be looking for hay elsewhere.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:45 pm

Oh no! :( I think a lot of hay companies are having issues, though. I received an order for 10 lbs. of Rabbit Hole Hay yesterday, and it is very stemmy and the boys are barely touching it. I may try Oxbow again and see if the quality is any better right now.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:43 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't blame the quality of the hay on the supplier this year. The West, where a lot of it comes from, has been bone dry. It's a wonder they've made any crops at all.

Mrshashim

Post   » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:24 pm

Except they made a post on Facebook stating the quality with a picture of how green it was. Certainly wasn't the case with mine. And it's not just this time either, I've had issues ever since the new owners.

SSLee

Post   » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:51 am

What shipping service does KMS use? I need to order hays and pellets and have had them shipped to the office in the past. Remote working has been successful, so my employer is looking to downsize our office space. The cubicle that I store all my piggie supplies in will no longer be available. I need to start shipping the hays and pellet to my home. I live in a city where quite a bit of porch pirate activity have taken place, so I need to make sure I'm working from home the day supplies are delivered.

Tofu

Post   » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:40 am

KMS uses UPS for shipping.