Anyone Ordered from KMS Lately?

JJGiebz
Make Good Choices

Post   » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:28 pm

I contacted KMS through their website in June to ask a question about their pellets, since the pigs started gurgling around the time we got a new bag of pellets. I never got any kind of auto “we got your email” message and they never answered.

I have also been having problems with Small Pet Select lately. So now I’m not sure what I’m going to do for hay once this box of terrible SPS runs out. I might just switch back to Oxbow. At least I know what I’m getting from them.

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:04 am

You could try ordering hay through Chewy's. I've had good luck with their 2nd cut Rabbit Hole hay. It's rated higher than their 3rd cut so I've never tried the 3rd cut.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:10 am

Ditto -- I've had very good luck with Rabbit Hole Hay on Chewy.com.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:25 pm

Our kids have been eating "medium" (2nd cut more or less) from Rabbit Hole & loving it.

JJGiebz
Make Good Choices

Post   » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:06 pm

Awesome!! I already have an autoship order with Chewy for their “kitchen” bedding. I will definitely give Rabbit Hole a try. Thank you for the recommendation!

Gessika

Post   » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:34 am

I've had terrible service from them for the first time lately: I ordered 45 lb of 3rd cut timothy in mid Aug, then after 10 days with no shipping confirmation I contacted them and after several attempts finally received a response that they didn't even have 3rd cut (then why is it listed for sale on your website?) and did I want to switch to a different hay. After telling them yes multiple times, please sent me 45 lb of bluegrass, it finally shipped and a month later I got the hay. Only it was only 25lb. Now I'm a week in trying to get them to respond to my messages that they sent the wrong amount. This is ridiculous.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:20 pm

They never actually got back with me about the rescue that got short-changed on the pellet order, but they ended up sending a 1/3 bag to the rescue to make up for the shortage. You'd think they'd just send them a full bag to make up for the hassle, but no. And no apology or explanation as to why the lack of response despite repeated emails.

I did receive an email from KMS today as part of their 'distribution list' about the availability of hay due to the fires, so I know they have been having trouble with hay, but the pellet issue was before that.

Wish I knew what the heck is going on with them.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:07 pm

I had a problem where the site wouldn't use my discount or something and in the meantime I ordered some Sweet Meadow Farm (I think) via Chewy.com b/c I needed cat food anyway. The pigs don't prefer it, but they hated the Oxbow hay I had.

Gessika

Post   » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:48 pm

They just keep getting worse. As I posted above, an order placed in mid August came over a month later and was only 25 lb, not the 45 I ordered. The said they were sending out another 25lb box but when it arrived it was only 15lb. I sent them another message with a photo of the smaller box and the shipping label, and now days later, they are asking me to "prove" that they only sent 15lb. I'm done with them for good. It's been nearly two months since I placed this order and I still don't have what I paid for, plus their "customer service" is an absolute joke.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:19 pm

That has to be tremendously frustrating. They should have their own shipping records which show the weight of what they sent out.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:05 am

Seems like these folks got in over their heads in handling this kind of business.

Gessika

Post   » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:27 am

Exactly what I was thinking, Lynx! I sent them another photo, this time of the box sitting on a scale showing it weighs 15 lbs. I haven't heard back yet.