Anyone Ordered from KMS Lately?

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:51 pm

My recent batch is also 10/15/20, a bit greener than the last, and the pigs love it. I have not been smelling them, so cannot comment on any difference.

To the best of my memory, the pellets have always varied a little in size, shape, and color, even back in the old days of Kleenmama.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:55 am

Placed a KMS order a couple of weeks ago and realized the other day that they hadn't sent me an order confirmation or shipping notification. When I went back on their site, I noticed the following message at the top of the site:

TIMOTHY CHOICE PELLETS ON CURRENTLY ON BACK ORDER. ORDERS WILL BE HELD UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. EXPECTED DELIVERY IS WEEK OF MARCH 29TH.

I hadn't noticed that before, and had emailed Dan who wrote back yesterday to say, "There is a national shortage for the ingredients we use. It is impacting many mills nationally."

Wish I had known that sooner. I wouldn't have waited until I was down to crumbs. :(

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:25 pm

I worried about shortages like this all during the pandemic and the fires out west. Sometimes I have several bags of hay, and several months of pellets and vitamin C. There is dog food in the freezer, and I get the dog meds filled in advance so I have some wiggle room. Just scares the heck out of me that I wouldn't be able to get food or meds for my pets. I'll probably be eating ramen noodles or canned beans, but the pets will be okay!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:16 pm

That is frustrating. I hope you can get something suitable in the meantime.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:49 pm

Same here, Itsazoo. I usually keep things fairly well stocked, so this was my bad.

Just got an email that the KMS pellets have shipped---whew. Hopefully they will arrive soon. I have been mixing the last of the KMS with Oxbow, which works but isn't ideal as one of our boys doesn't like them.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:20 pm

Glad to hear the pellets are on the way! I’ve never ordered from KMS, but they have good reviews so I hope they can get on top of things and keep the company going.