Supporter in '16

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:40 pm

I am so sorry.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:20 am

Jemma
19/07/2010 to 13/01/2015

Our sweet baby girl we still feel guilty we didn't know you were sick till it was too late. We spent way too much time with Jessie and never noticed. You were a quiet angel until tea time or when it came to ripping bags and boxes. So hard to believe it has been 6 long years since we held you and cuddled up with you! Where has the time gone?

You were a real snugly pig and we feel we neglected you not helping you sooner. BUT we do believe Jessie passed away 4 weeks before you to prepare a place for you and to welcome you. Know you are still and always will be in our hearts till we meet again. RIP our little sweet pea!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:45 am

She was a very beautiful girl.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:18 am

She had unusual coloring, especially with that hairdo. Sounds like she was a real sweetie.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:30 am

Thanks Lynx and Bookfan. She was truly special. Hoping someone will post in Joy's thread too. She was also precious!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:59 pm

Such a precious little one. I doubt you neglected her at all, Daisymay. You pick up on changes as soon as you see anything suspicious, but you know how well they hide their symptoms.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:51 pm

She was so very loved and loved you in return. It's very hard to know when they are ill.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:25 am

I feel your pain on not knowing Jemma was sick. The day Scruffy passed, he had been squeaking softly non-stop. I wish I had known it was because he was in pain. I had no idea and it haunts me to this day. Had I known, I could have, at the very least, gotten him something to help ease that for him. It was a Saturday, so getting him to a vet would have been impossible unless I wanted him euthanized. He had eaten his morning veggies and some hay. I was planning on starting him on critical care if he didn't eat dinner to get him through the weekend and getting him to the vet first thing Monday. Unfortunately he didn't make it through the day and passed early Saturday evening. The only comfort I have is that he didn't die alone. I was able to hold and comfort him as he passed.

Consequently, I am more educated and I pay closer attention to their behavior. I monitor their urine and droppings, as well as their food intake. That allowed me to catch Mr Bubbles' condition very early and head it off before it got too serious and ended his life early. I'm sure you have learned from the experience as well and your other guinea pigs benefit from it as mine do.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:04 am

So sorry! Hugs!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:21 pm

It is always easy to diagnose a problem after the fact. And caring owners are their own worst critics, telling themselves they should have known. Renonvsparky and Daisymay, you are so conscientious and caring with your guinea pigs. You make the best choices possible with the information you have. I’m sorry for your losses, but I just don’t believe you can blame yourselves.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:40 pm

Thank you. My daughter tells me that exact same thing. I know there was very little I could do for Scruffy. It was a Saturday and vet care was unavailable. The best I could have done is to provide as much comfort as I could and I did that. The only thing I didn't do that I should have was to give him some metacam for his pain. I didn't because I didn't realize that he was squeaking because of it. Lesson learned and his herd brothers have benefitted greatly from it.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:51 am

Jemma 19/07/2010 to 13/01/2015

Darling baby girl, think of you always. Wish I had been there for you. How I failed you and I will carry the guilt with me always. Thank-you for the treasured memories. I was so lucky to have had you in my life. So sweet and gentle, at times I imagine I hear a paper bag ripping and I think of you and a smile appears on my face but tears fill my eyes. Oh, sweet princess my heart aches for you, wish we could do our time together all over again. RIP precious. Till together again.

You loved your baths.

But hated the hair cuts. But you needed to see and to keep cool.