Anybody order hay and/or pellets from Chewy?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:17 pm

I might be over-thinking this, but my Chewy.com hay order arrived today and the box was partially open. It looks like the tape wasn't very sticky and didn't seal the box properly---leaving a gaping hole on top. From what I can tell, the bag of hay inside is okay and normally I wouldn't give it too much thought, but with Covid I'm a little more concerned whenever I see something like this. I don't know what the contents might have been exposed to.

I have the box out in the garage for now and debating whether or not to contact Chewy. If it were you, would you just let the bag of hay sit out for a few days and use it anyway, or would you contact Chewy for a replacement?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:28 pm

I would go ahead and use it.

I think I mentioned my neighbor got a delivery of cat food from Chewy and one of the local bears dragged it off! I noticed it in the woods near the road and she gave the rest to her cat (I think 75% or so was left).

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:30 pm

I would use it. COVID doesn't last long on a surface like that, and would certainly be unable to infect anything after having been shipped.

I'd use it, no problem.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:23 pm

I agree, I'd use it. I'm not too concerned about surfaces, handwashing should take care of anything you touch.