mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:44 pm

They are beautiful!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:32 am

It's kind of nice there are 2 boys
Sorry all 3 boys. Jet all alone. Have noticed just below teats and above private part Jet has lumps. Quite solid. Will these go down? This is day one she hasn't nursed.

Took mum away from sons this morning then went to bed. But all 4 still carry on a storm. Must buy some ear plugs as they are melting and tugging at my heart street! Boys 3 weeks August 28th being born August 7th 2022. Thanks Lynx, Bookfan, ItsaZoo and mmeadow!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:45 am

Do you think these are mammary glands full of milk? If so, maybe under extremely close supervision put one pup in? Other than that, I have no idea (except perhaps warm compresses).

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:34 am

Gave gentle squeeze and milk squirted. Would hot pack be better or just warm flannel/face washer? Thanks Lynx. Not keen on putting one pup in as 24 hours separated now and everyone slowly getting use to it. I HOPE!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:19 pm

I would go for warm rather than hot. Glad you were able to express some milk! You want her production to dry up but relieving the mammary glands if they are too full/firm sounds like a good idea.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:30 am

Will get flannel tomorrow. Felt today. Still lumpy but way down from this morning. Even though Jet felt better having it done she was not happy I did it.

I am touching wood but things seem be settling down boys not so squeaky today. They are more agro with each other trying to find out who is top pig! Have more cages coming and will join together and make one big cage. If things don't work out can just remove one and put the piggy in that. Have paws crossed! Hope cages come soon! Thanks again Lynx.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:27 am

Jet the mum was 580grams when she gave birth she was 285grams. Every time I syringe Jay and Jewel I would give Jet 5-10 syringes of Critical Care(much watery than recipe asks for.) She now weighs 525grams. Two of her sons are heavier than her. She is so quiet, had her for nearly 4 months and have never heard her squeak. Unlike Joan and Jets sons!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:22 am

Syringing extra food to Jet was a good idea. Being a young mother is very tough on the body. Let us know if she starts putting on more much needed weight as time goes on.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:32 am

I am curious as to whether there is such a thing as a mute piggy? Have had Jet and Joan for 4 months now and not once has Jet squeaked of made any sounds. She is really placid and just takes what may(having 3 boys). Have never had a piggy like this so thought I would ask. Thanks Lynx.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:26 am

Do you make little sounds to elicit responses from them? I would test out spending time alone with her and trying to interact (use treats too) to see if you can get any auditory response.

I would imagine any animal/person has the capability to be mute - either from choice or the inability to project sound.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:48 am

Jet gained a little weight but is still small. Wondering if she was the runt? 3 boys(sons) are bigger than her even Jack the runt. Around 7 months old now. Born April 5th 2022. Still NO picture. What am I doing wrong?

https://imgur.com/a/9fIqipU

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:02 pm

I thought they had a "display" option but seem not to. I did upgrade the board and reinstalled the updated media embed extension (I believe this is what allowed the display of the pics). I rechecked the settings and imgur is still there. I'll refresh the pages and see if that helps.

But I clicked on your link - they are all so cute!!!

Jet had a tough beginning. She may always be small. Still the best way to evaluate her weight compared to her frame for a general health assessment is by using the guidelines on the weight page that a vet shared with me (evaluating "condition").

www.guinealynx.info/weigh.html