Blood in pee, UTI/IC/cryst/tumor

alex117

Post   » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:49 pm

Today is the fourth day since ball taking Shilintong and Cystease. She is still recovering from diarrhea that was caused by doxycycline, but there is some improvement that I can see, she will wheek a bit now, run a little bit faster, and her appetite has increased a little bit, most importantly, she screams less when she urinates.

I will continue giving cystease and shilintong for 1.5 weeks more and keep you all updated.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:48 pm

Good news!

JJGiebz
Make Good Choices

Post   » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:56 pm

Such good news!! I am so happy to read this. I have never given my pigs more than one shilintong pill per day, but I do give them half in the morning and half in the evening. I don't know if that makes any difference.

Thank you for confirming what is in there, too! That is good to know!

I hope Ball continues to improve, please keep us posted!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:16 pm

Very encouraging news, indeed. I hope your little one continues to improve.

alex117

Post   » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:52 pm

Days 7 of shilintong and cystease. As of now, i would say her situation is still the same. On day 3 she pee a tiny dot, i then double dose her cystease, and the next day the dot is gone but she is still having painful urination. So i would say it helps but it isn't something that cure or completely manage her pain.

The other problem that i am having is her extremely sensitive GI, I have stopped the antibiotics for 5 days, give very limited of green (lettuce ans baby carrot) to her. And her poop will go normal for a day or two and then diarrhea again (it produce some very soft poop with some transparent mucus) and sometimes she have some extremely shot poop and 5 or 6 hours later she output completely normal poop. Maybe i gave too much shilintong (2 capsule) and cystease (1.5 capsule per Day). Honestly, I still haven't figured it out what triggered her diarrhea, maybe it is a complication from IC (i saw that 1/3 of human who has IC has irritable bowel symptoms as well).

Her daily diet is:
Baby carrot 1-2
Critical care 3 table spoon based with 6 table spoon of water
Timothy hay/orchard hay
Sherwood joint and urinary tract supplement (2 capsule per each)
MSM (1/16 of a tablespoon)
Shilintong 2 capsule
cystease 1.5 capsule
Dog Metacam 4 ml (lowering back to 2.5mL)
Gabapentin. 1ml (50mg/ml)
Wheatgrass

As of now, i guess i should fix her GI before dealing with her IC, if she kept having mild diarrhea or soft poop, i dont think her body can absorb the shilintong and cystease well enough.

Lmk if you all have any suggestions!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:14 pm

Have you given her probiotics to try to counteract the effects of the antibiotics on her gut? See:
https://www.guinealynx.info/probiotics.html

It's also possible that a combination of some of those meds and supplements could be causing stomach upset. She is on a very fairly dose of Metacam (assuming she weighs roughly 1kg, the standard dose for 1.5mg/ml Metacam would be closer to 0.1 or 0.2ml) and Gabapentin. Even at the high-end dosage of 30mg/ml per kg, a standard dose of Gabapentin for a 1kg guinea pig would be around 0.6ml---she's getting nearly double that.

I don't have any dosing information for MSM in guinea pigs or rabbits and don't know if there are any side effects associated with it.

alex117

Post   » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:06 am

I have tried, in fact i stopped giving her yesterday, the mucus looks like some undigested probiotics. This isnt something that happens recently, in this 2 months, her GI is always very sensitive but back then she was taking antibiotics so it makes sense to have a sensitive GI but she has stopped antibiotics for a week and i have seen some perfect poop coming for her as well.
The msm was given by the vet, so i am not too worrying about the dosage but it is a good idea to pause it for a week and see what triggers her sensitive GI

alex117

Post   » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:08 am

With a lowered dosage of metacam (0.15 ml per day), I am not seeing that mucus today. This morning I fed her 0.05 ml of Metacam and her poop is alright, and when I fed her 0.1 ml of Metacam in the evening, her poop become soft again.

Also, the nightmare is coming back, I am seeing an increased amount of blood in her bedding, she is already taking cystease and shilintong. Looks like the supplement is not able to suppress the bacteria growth (we know there is few colonies of corynebacterium). I will start the doxycycline antibiotics tonight as the final solution, I know she will get diarrhea but I don't have any solution to deal with it anymore.

As of now, her appetite decreased a little bit, and unlike other piggies that have IC, her situation is extremely hard to manage, even though we maxed out painkiller, cystease, and shilintong, she still doesn't want to move and has very painful pee.

I really don't know what to do anymore...

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:30 am

This doesn't sound good. I'm so sorry that nothing really seems to be helping your girl. It can be hard trying to strike a balance between pain management and all of the issues the meds may be causing her gut, and if none of these things work, I'm honestly not sure what else to suggest at this point.

Remind me, how old is she? What is her weight?

alex117

Post   » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:26 am

I do not know her exact age, our estimation is that she is around 4.5 years old.
In terms of her weight, she is hovering at 1040 to 1050g. She did recover from the surgery, 2nd day after surgery she was below 1000g.

Lisa12

Post   » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:47 pm

Sadly, i have quite a lot of experience of guinea pigs with diarehha after AB, so i would suggest to you benebac plus gel and quite a lot of it..with my pigs-sometimes it didnt help if the dossages were too low...so..i put quite a lot of it on salad-it always worked..good luck!

And there are always some other options.. dont take no for an answer..:)

alex117

Post   » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:00 pm

I am giving 1mg of benebac 2 hours after the antibiotic (2 mg per day in total) should I increase the dosage?