Squeaks recovery after spay

alissarogers

Post   » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:29 am

Hi— I took squeak off the diuretic and pain medication and she is back to her normal self. Still waiting to hear from the vet. The buprenorphine is 0.3mg/ML and her dose is 2 times a day .09 ml. She has not had it now in 24 hours.

The dose of the diuretic hydrochlorthizide is 10mg/ML and her dose is 0.18 ml 2 times a day.

BUT I haven’t given either now in 24 hours and her mental state is so much better.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:01 am

That is encouraging!

alissarogers

Post   » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:38 am

Update on Squeak:
Squeak stopped her doxicycline today as she has been on it 6 weeks. We are taking a 1-2 week break and see how she does. She continues on the meloxicam daily. As well as probiotics daily. She has a good appetite and energy level. She still has blood in her urine every few days.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:10 pm

Hoping this settle down but I'm sure you are still concerned with the occasional blood in urine.

alissarogers

Post   » Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:34 am

Squeak update:
Squeak is still off the antibiotics. Considering restarting them as she has had several days of blood in her urine and some squeaking when urinating. I did give her some pain medication today. She is continuing on the meloxicam. Her appetite is up and down but weights remains good. She really wants to eat grass the most. And of course her banana
I did email the vet to see what she thought about the antibiotics. Will keep everyone updated.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:59 am

Thanks for the update. I am sorry to hear you are seeing blood in urine on some days and squeaking when urinating. This has to be frustrating for you.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:27 am

That is puzzling. Without looking back through previous posts I can't really recall, but have you tried Shilintong with her?

alissarogers

Post   » Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:00 pm

No I haven’t tried that yet. What is it and where do I get it? I am willing to try anything to help her!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:54 pm

Here:
https://www.guinealynx.info/stones.html#shilintong

If you do a search of the forums, you may turn up more info and advice on purchasing and using the product.

alissarogers

Post   » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:34 pm

I will start her on that. Thank you

alissarogers

Post   » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:40 pm

Hi— I ordered the shilintong but was updated it is delayed so very disappointed but hoping it shows up today or tomorrow. The vet had suggested this antibiotic: teicoplanin. It is an injectable. Has anyone heard of it? I tired to search the forum but nothing came up. I think it is like vancomyacin. The vet had mentioned it can cause kidney damage. Squeak still has a good appetite but still has blood in her urine and squeaks when she goes potty. It is all very upsetting. I called many vitamin stores in China town about the Sholitong also and everyone was sold out. So I have to wait for the shipment to arrive.

alissarogers

Post   » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:23 pm

The shilintong came today. Already gave her 1cc. Will give another before bedtime tonight. I pray this helps.