Elise's diarrhea thread

alex117

Post   » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:05 pm

After a month of waiting, i got the report from histopathology

DIAGNOSIS:
1. HEART: MILD, CHRONIC, MULTIFOCAL, LYMPHOCYTIC, HISTIOCYTIC MYOCARDITIS WITH MYOCYTE DEGENERATION
2. ADIPOSE TISSUE (EPICARDIUM): MODERATE, CHRONIC, ATROPHY
CASE COMMENT: Cardiomyopathy is seen occasionally and spontaneously in guinea pigs. The cause is unknown. In this case, there were slightly more inflammatory cells than are typically seen in myocardial degeneration, and an infection is possible. There was no direct evidence of infection in sections of the heart, and it is unknown if this animal had multisystemic lesions. This animal had slight reduction in nutritional status."

This result indicates that Elisee was dealing with a cardiomyopathy, or an abnormality within the muscles of her heart. This can lead to abnormalities in conduction of the electrical impulses that cause her heart to beat and can lead to a buildup of fluid within the lungs when the blood is not able to be pumped appropriately. Heart disease is an ultimately progressive and fatal condition, and based on these findings humane euthanasia was definitely the most kind and compassionate choice for Elisee in her state.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:37 pm

Thank you for sharing the histopathology report. Necropsies can often be very helpful, giving us a broader view of our pet's medical issues. I agree that humane euthanasia was the most kind and compassionate choice for her.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:44 pm

I am so sorry you lost Elise. You did so much to make her comfortable and help her have a good life despite her health issues.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:23 am

I'm sorry you lost your girl. You took great care of her, and on some level I'm sure she knew it

alex117

Post   » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:57 pm

Thanks everyone!

However, life sucks, my another guinea pig milktea has been diagnosed for a peuomonia, i will create another thread to discuss it

alex117

Post   » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:03 am

Again thanks for everyone supporting me and Elisee.

Not trying to advocate their Instagram, but here is Elisee final moment, this little elf crossed the rainbow bridge peacefully