Eye ulcer snd vet visit

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:00 pm

Unfortunately, I can't answer your question (don't know). If you did a search of the medical forum you might find some people who have used it and who have described how well it worked.

sozansound2

Post   » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:07 pm

what is that medicine called? is it just hcg?

also, I'm gonna attach 2 images. i feel something off so it don't hurt to ask. can anyone see something not right? maybe distended or may just be her hind legs? having a hard time deciding if it is normal belly or not to be honest. thanks in advance

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:41 pm

If you hold her, close your eyes, run your hands over the area, does it feel lumpy, distended or is she sensitive to the touch there? There may be lymph nodes that are swollen. Keep an eye on her to see if she shows any signs of illness.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:02 am

HCG is human chorionic gonadotropin.

sozansound2

Post   » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:13 am

It does not feel lumpy, she never likes to be touched anywere near there so after a while she would move away but she does tolerate for some time so I don't think it is sensitive, it feels smooth but it don't feel like it is distended. Only by looking at it make me feel 50/50 if it is just her regular tummy or distended. I palpated around that are with hair loss and nothing feels hard. All smooth.

sozansound2

Post   » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:49 pm

i have been weighting her and i noticed at one point she gained 45 grams in 10 days. then today, she gained 25 grams in 5 days. i have been giving the same amount of food and have even reduced the amount of pellets i give her to see if she would loose but no, it just kept going up. i weight her just before i give her the majority of her veggies in the afternoon every time. the December 9 weight in was placed there to give her weight last year for comparison even doe there is a gap. the amount of food has been the same amount that kept her from going near 900 grams since she is most comfortable there so i find it odd she is gaining so fast. maybe it is a cyst after all. her poop and pee has been consistent and nothing out of the ordinary. hay eating has been normal and appetite is normal.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:00 pm

These changes are not extreme. What do you consider her ideal weight? Guidelines for judging condition and appropriate weight for a guinea pig provided by a vet on this page:
https://www.guinealynx.info/weigh.html

I'm going to add text of Honey's dates and weights:

12/9/20 -- 908gm
7/27/21 -- 886gms
8/6/21 -- 931 gms
8/11/21 -- 956 gms

sozansound2

Post   » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:02 pm

Back then I started noticing her struggling to wash herself around her backside being anywere near 1000 grams. This was a time when I didn't know someone else fed her but never said anything so she gained more weight. Then around 900 grams I started seeing her able to wash a bit more comfortably and when she got into the 800s I saw no struggles at all.

I ended up teaching the other person how to feed a guinea more properly and also communicate with me before giving anything so it won't happen again.

I wanna say like 870-880ish grams. So far I don't see her struggling to wash in the current weight but if she keeps gaining then she may end up struggling to wash again.

sozansound2

Post   » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:40 pm

Update: vet appointment is this Monday.

On August 17, she weighted in 953 grams.

I did noticed the bald spot in her lower spine is actually getting bigger as in loosing more hair. I believe the same for the one on her underbelly.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:44 am

Is the bald spot in her lower spine at the location of her grease gland?
https://www.guinealynx.info/grooming.html#grease_gland

Is the hair loss on her underbelly related to staying in one spot and irritation from urine?

Good to see she is maintaining her weight fine.

sozansound2

Post   » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:55 pm

I posted an image were the 2nd bald spot is. I can provide another one if that one does not help. I wouldn't know if it is above her grease glands.

I took the advice of someone else in making my own fleece pads. I have made multiple and she has always been under one under her hut (were she usually stays at)and has been dry all the time. Constantly clean it as well.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:39 pm

I went back and looked at your pictures. It does look like it is much higher up on the spine and not near the grease gland. For your own information, see if you can find the area where there would be a tail if guinea pigs had tails. Look a little bit above that and that should be where the grease gland is. Periodically checking the grease gland can help make sure there is no buildup of grease or infection.