Penny's Med Thread

Annapox

Post   » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:03 am

Yeah, sorry about the photo quality. I have trouble keeping my hands steady, so they're often a bit blurry. Penny's crusty stuff is less yellow and more brown than in your photo, but the non-crusty parts of the respective photos do look similar. So granulating is a good thing?

Penny has not yet escaped the sock, so for now at least it's doing a good job of preventing her from scratching the incision.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:21 am

Yes, granulating is a good thing. It is the creation of a base for skin, I believe.

Part of the yellow I think is what was applied to the healing incision by the vet. So not a natural part. But you can see the red/brown back color of the granulation.

Your picture is very small so I can't really see much detail and can't tell if it is focused optimally. But don't worry about it.

Annapox

Post   » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:22 pm

Good news: Penny's incision looks great, according to the vet. I was instructed to keep the sock on her until the scabs heal, though. I also found out that the lump on her butt was an abscess and that it was completely drained and cleaned out. The vet said it's likely that the abscess came about because Penny and her cage mate, Lily, played a little too rough at some point. (They do have small arguments over things like personal space and who gets which of the two almost-identical hideys, but they've never had an actual fight.)

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2020

Post   » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:32 pm

Thanks for the update. That’s great news and you must be so relieved.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:13 pm

Super! I am glad it seems to be healing fine.

65 posts