Blood spots on Lacey’s bedding

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:11 am

I am so sorry. Lacey was so well-loved and cared for - she had a wonderful life with you. She was a special pig & I'll miss stories about her antics.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:35 pm

Thank you all for your kind words. I do miss her so. I spent yesterday washing bedding, cages and accessories and sorting supplies. I’m keeping the unopened food, and half of the bedding that I sewed. I went kind of crazy buying fleece, but it was so much fun. I built such a nice cage, I’m sure there’s a future piggy or two who wouldn’t mind moving in. :)

I just wish there was a guinea pig rescue near me. The closest ones are over an hour away and they’re very particular about donations. Our local Humane Society will take everything but I already throw a lot of support their way. So I’ll have to check around a bit.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:46 am

So there might be a new pig in your future?? We sometimes feel like we're "betraying" the memory of our recently departed pig, but it also feels like honoring that pig by giving a home to a gp in need.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:09 am

It’s a cycle of emotions, that’s for sure. I’ve been through this with dogs and I think it’s the same with all pets. They’re part of the family and at some point they develop health issues. So the care becomes almost like hospice. It’s exhausting but also rewarding. When they’re gone, you miss them and feel sad or guilty that you couldn’t have done more.

But eventually you realize that you adopted that pet because you love having pets. Even though this one was special and unique, your love for pets is bigger than just that one. So the cycle starts all over. You remember all the fun and happy years of having a pet and you want that again.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:02 am

That's it in a nutshell.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:12 am

I just posted a short memorial for Lacey on Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUCAku_F16 ... =copy_link

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:13 am

That is very sweet. What a special girl she was.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:37 pm

That brought tears to my eyes.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:21 pm

She was a little sweetie and I miss her, that’s for sure.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:50 am

Oh goodness, what a lovely tribute.

Keeping you in my thoughts,
Sef

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:10 pm

Thanks, I appreciate that. I'm sorting through pictures for a shadow box.