Ovarian Cysts???

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:15 pm

One of the things I like about he syringe I mentioned above is that it's designed to push out all the dose.

Brist1cm

Post   » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:22 pm

It's now day 2 without metacam and she's slightly less active. I messaged the vet to see what we can do for long term symptom management and what to do about flare ups. She has a prescription for a bronchodilator, but it doesn't seem to help too much alone, (although the concentration isn't on the bottle... the emergency vet back in my home state made it on site, I might contact them for what it is depending on what willows main vet says for treatment). Anyways the bronchodilator paired with metacam did wonders... she was back to virtually normal!
Willow isn't even a year old, so I want to give her a quality life even if it's slightly shorter due to her bronchitis.

Has anyone had their pigs on long term metacam (every day or every other day) or even a low dose? Is it similar to humans where it hurts other organs if they're on NSAID long term? I want to make sure I have all my options available when I discuss this with the vet.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:38 pm

Metacam has been used successfully longterm in several guinea pigs. Pinta has used it longterm. A search of the forums will turn up other posters (use "metacam" and "longterm").