Unsure of what happened to my pig

Lisa12

Post   » Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:18 am

Okay, thanks i understand it,now..

Defenetly..idid gave him 4ml of extra water, when we tried for culture, but failed. We will try again..the stone must still be present, cause there is still blood( idont see it, but vets do in their analysis).

Its always worth a try in my oppinion..

Lisa12

Post   » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:15 am

We had tooth trimmed yesterday sucessfuly and it took one second, so thanks all who kept fingers crossed for us!

I would just like to write i know grinding is better method and our dear Lee was operated 4times sucesfully(he had genetic problem, severe teeth malocussion or how it is called), but his back teeth(all of them) were problem..

IRie however has never had any problem with teeth, only this with one front tooth came as results of biting the cage due to over excitment and old age i think, but now its alright.:)

NExt week we will try to finally get proper sample for bacterial culture(most likely at home).

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:37 am

Glad it worked well for you.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:41 am

Very good!

Lisa12

Post   » Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:32 am

Thank you both!

And guinea pig wc is only working as far as he learned to put himself on wc..but he doesnt want to urinate..so we tried else.
Pediatric bag seems the best solution..it doesnt bother him and he urinates immidatly..
https://www.lekarnar.com/izdelki/romed- ... cka-100-ml

Only problem is..its a bit big for such a small animal so he sits on it..and touches with ass as well(i ll try to fix it differently)..otherwise he just waits with bag under him and urinates in like 15minutes and he eats happily between waiting, so thats alright..

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:49 am

Oh, clever idea. :)

Lisa12

Post   » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:21 am

UPDATE
Well urine bag didnt work out too good and we collected poops way more time, than urine, haha!..however..we succed in getting free catch urine, Irie urinated directly in to the cup..we got around 1ml of urine with piece of hair and some hay, yesterday..

We tried again in the morning, this time, he was like a boss, like a dog..he just did it again and we got 0,5ml without other things. We immidatly brought it to two really cool dog vets..and it will be send to lab.

Thanks to Sef, Daisymay, Lynx and bpatters for all advices, i think you re better than exotic vets, here!!..it sure did help! Hope sample for culture wont be useless but even if it is..

We did it best we could (and even better), we trained a lot..and i made sure..Irie ates a lot of cucumber and salad so he wasnt too annoyed(i was getting up between 5-8 ;was training each day..and thanks to your advices we were adding with vegetables, 3-8ml of water, we didnt get stone out, but i think it was very good because we trained to get sample for culture and flushing the bladder, too..so:).

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:40 am

Fingers crossed that the urinalysis reveals something helpful!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:48 pm

We did it best we could (and even better), we trained a lot..

I can see you with a stopwatch cheering Erie on :-)

Also hoping you get useful info from the urinalysis.

Lisa12

Post   » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:49 am

Thanks, both!! We will report if we get proper results..

Yeah, Lynx,..haha..it was quite funny, for sure.. :). But as we couldnt do it at first, so we have to try many times so he got it that he s got to do it into the cup and that this is *right*behavior...i was running around cleaning us all, so it is *steryille* and my sister was cheering *lulat, lulat* and this is dog command for urinating in Slovenia:)..we sure got stopwatch as well..cause for culture you have to do it in the morning, ah:).

Lisa12

Post   » Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:38 am

I have just one more question -about stones..

Why are they doing operations with anasthesia if some vets are doing it like this?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKOswyMI72A
Is this right method or is it dangerous for pigs? Is it impossible to do it with male pigs...?

I am just thinking of the best future option for us,..excuse me for my lack of knowledge..

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:31 am

Usually the stones are in the bladder. If in the urethra (yes, easier for a female, larger opening), it can be anywhere along it. That it was visible and easy to remove was excellent luck. Guessing it would have passed on its own. However, the technique of numbing the area and gentle removal (we saw no blood) looked pretty good. Anesthesia still required for surgery.

It is amazing how large some stones can get. On the stones page, we mention shilintong, which is supposed to relax the urethra and make it easier to pass a stone. But one can never assume a stone can be passed. And on the other hand, any surgery for stone removal from the bladder should be immediately preceded by an xray to ensure it is still there.