Worst Guinea Pig carer in the world or the unluckiest?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:30 pm

Might her tongue be entrapped?

I imagine the tongue is very important in getting hay and grass back to the molars for chewing.

rjespicer

Post   » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:03 am

That’s what the vet was supposed to have dealt with on Feb 26th.

rjespicer

Post   » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:22 am

She was eating hay ok when I picked her up from the vet on the 26 and was seen eating lettuce the following week on March 2nd. Took that as a good sign but each time it looks like she is on the mend we seem to take a step back.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:38 am

Front teeth too short. Can you post a picture?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:36 am

You can mail a pic to me of the front teeth if you wish.

rjespicer

Post   » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:14 pm

I will see what I can do. It is a little difficult to get pictures when trying to hold her, open her mouth and take the picture all at the same time.

Her teeth do seem to meet in the middle and I can hear her grinding them together when I try and look at them. Should they be a flat meet or should they overlap in a scissor type action?

rjespicer

Post   » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:31 pm

OK Pictures sent

rjespicer

Post   » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:29 pm

Tiny glimmer of hope today. She was eating radicchio, only nibbling bits off rather than getting the whole thing drawn in to her mouth but at least she was eating. Not going to count my chickens yet though.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:59 pm

You seemed to answer the question I sent you (I wanted to know if these were current or included before and after trimming pics). The lengths seem to vary. I will grab a couple pics and post them in a few minutes. The incisors look long. It appears there is a slant to the upper incisors.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:14 pm

rjespicer

Post   » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:08 am

Those pictures were all taken yesterday. Some were with her sat in front of me and me reaching around to open her mouth but for others I cradled her on her back so I could get a good shot

She managed to eat a bit of wheatgrass a bit of cilantro and a bit of baby arugula on her own today. Picking it up and getting it in to her mouth but she still can’t seem to manage hay or pellets.

She is becoming less and less cooperative with syringe feeding and was down to 950g this morning.

I don’t have any “before” pictures.

rjespicer

Post   » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:31 am

I noticed tonight while feeding that when she reaches under to grab poop to eat now she doesn’t seem to be able to get that in her mouth either.