Jill, Jaffa and Jupiter

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:27 pm

No, if it is truly 70% clover, I would not give it to them.

Refer to the hay page link I posted with the calcium etc. content.

Given your other observations, not sure why you considered switching hays (they eat the current hay, poops improving).

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:50 pm

Given your other observations, not sure why you considered switching hays (they eat the current hay, poops improving

1. Seller who had current hay has no more.
2. Hay is dry and contains hay seeds which the girls(especially Jay) get in their eyes.
3. There are a lot of dead stuff mixed with it that we have had to throw out.
4. With Jill's poops we thought a better hay would have better results.
5. With current drought conditions we were looking for hay for the future. We don't have the many varieties people in USA and UK have.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:54 pm

I am sad to hear there are so many issues with the hay! It sounds like your big problems is getting good hay at all. I believe you have mentioned this before. I am sorry they are out of even the dry hay with hay seeds. Getting the hay seeds in their eyes is definitely a problem.

By the way, do you have access to the outdoors? Could you lovingly and carefully cultivate enough grass to make them happy? Or do drought restrictions prevent you from watering?

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:27 pm

Is there a pain medication Jill can be on whilst being on Predmix? She is in a bad way and vet wasn't sure so thought I would come on here and ask. Force feeding but hardly swallowing so taking it really slow. But I think her time is up soon. Any advice much appreciated.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:51 pm

I am sorry to hear you are having problems getting food into her. I know how diligent you are.

Predmix is a pain medication, no?

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:04 pm

It is a steroid. As far as I know if I give her pain medication whilst on it it will be fatal. It is an anti inflamatory.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:18 am

The pain medication page discusses what you can and can't do.
https://www.guinealynx.info/analgesics.html

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:50 am

Daisymay has lost her dear guinea pig, Jill. She has asked that condolences be saved for her remembrance topic which she will post when she is able. Losing a beloved guinea pig can be so painful. We all send comforting thoughts.

I will close this topic for now and reopen it when she requests that I do so.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:54 pm

JILL
15/12/2014 to 23/07/2021

My darling sweet girl, the last of the sisters, you are now reunited together once more! The last 12 months you struggled through health issues but never complained. You even fought death for 3 hours till vet helped you over to perfect health and fresh green grass.

You came into our lives at a difficult time and bought our hearts out of the depth of despair. You gave us nothing but love and much happiness.

You slipped away in my arms and never made a noise with needle and it was all so peaceful for you. Even now I have tears pouring down my face. It hurts so much to not have you here! You were your father's girl and you both had a wonderful relationship. Oh to have one more cuddle or kiss!

I will remember you falling asleep in my arms when getting a toothbrush massage. The squeaks when I opened the fridge or getting your food ready. The way you loved ripping a paper bag. So many memories but I would trade them all to have you back once more!

Another angel among the clouds till together again forever in my hearts and thoughts! You have stamped you paw on my heart. Till together again. RIP My beautiful girl! Picture above in order Jaffa, Jupiter and Jill all sisters.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:11 pm

Daisymay, I’ve been thinking of you and hoping that you have been well. I’m so sorry you lost Jill. She had a good life with you, and I’m glad you were there to see that she went peacefully over the bridge to her sisters.

Take care of yourself and I hope you find peace in the good memories that you have when you think of Jill.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:20 pm

Again, I'm so sorry. It is so painful losing piggies.

That looks like a baby picture of the three. Was Jill the smallest?

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:17 am

Yes she was the runt. They were 6 weeks old. Jill lived and was bossed around by Jupiter till 2017 when we lost Jupiter. Then she lived and was bossed around by Jaffa till we love Jaffa in 2019. After that we tried a few piggies but think Jill had had enough and wanted to live alone.

Yes it has been a hard year! First my husband of 38 years leaves and I am alone and isolated. Then 12 days later I loose Jill then a month later I lose Jersey. And now Jay is off colour. It is a year I want to forget!

Thanks ItsaZoo and Bookfan for you kind words! After these 4-5 months it still hurts. I take comfort they're together again!