Guinea Pig Market - formerly Jens Custom Crafts #3

BeanieBaby11

Post   » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:52 pm

Hmm, can I use the scented just for this time? Will it really affect them?

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:55 pm

I've just always used plain "Purex" on ours with no troubles.

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:08 pm

http://www.jenscustomcrafts.com/april-p ... ntest.html

Tomorrow is the deadline in to get your photos over to me of your pets enjoying their "Jens Custom Crafts" products! I will have them listed on my Jens Custom Crafts fan page on Facebook for voting starting on the 16th or 17th.

Everyone will be allowed to vote once per day until the end of the month.

The winner with the most votes will win a free hut of their choice with 2 pads, and also a hut w/2 pads will be donated to their favorite rescue!

If you are in another country I just ask that you pay the shipping fees less $6.00 (what I would normally pay to ship one item within the USA).

Thanks and good luck!

Visit my website http://www.jenscustomcrafts.com for my email address to send the photos to!

Pikatot

Post   » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:21 pm

I can't wait to see all the submissions!

BeanieBaby11

Post   » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:28 pm

Fourth wash, no luck. I planned on using them today since their cage is filthy (not really disgusting, but by GL standards!) but they aren't wicking! Any advice?

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:35 pm

Maybe you are expecting too much out of them? I never wash mine several times before using them. The pee will eventually go through, it may just take a little longer. I would just go ahead and use them. Sorry you are having problems!

BeanieBaby11

Post   » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:40 pm

Haha, oh no Jen! I'm sorry, my current fleece doesn't wick all the time either. It has "moods", like on certain days, it needs to be flipped over to other sides. -sigh- ;) Yeah, and when pee touches the fleece, it is "squirted" whereas the water I drip on the test it is "dripped". I'm going to put them in :) If I have GPs with wet buts tomorrow, I'll know why! Haha!

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:32 pm

BeanieBaby11 - scented detergents are fine to use, if it's strongly scented just add some vinegar in the rinse to remove the scent or do a second rinse to dampen the scent more.
You really do need to use detergent to break in the fleece though, powder is best and manufacture recommended.

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:35 pm

Thanks Windespirit! I'm new to all of this wicking business myself :-)

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:44 pm

Not a problem :-) I'll give ya another year or two to learn how to strip chemicals of fleeces :P

BeanieBaby11

Post   » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:44 pm

Hm, I just put in the blanket and BB peed and it pooled :-( Onto 5th wash. Is this right: 1st rinse Hot with Detergent 2nd rinse warm with vinegar Dry on low heat?

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:55 pm

Wash/rinse warm
Dry medium (or medium-low depending on settings)

Can skip the hot water and save energy if you're putting in vinegar or using detergent w/bleach. (w/bleach is not alternative bleach)