The Legend of Barry Jenkins

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:08 pm

It sounds like BJ really hit the lottery when you adopted him. Lucky little guy!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:43 pm

Well, the big guy had a minor setback today. His cage door opens upward and when I opened it to feed him, it got stuck, slipped out of my grip and slammed shut. It didn't actually hit him, but it was close enough to scare him. Poor BJ! Of course I feel terrible. He ran to the back of his cage and hid. It took me a lot of fresh grass and a bit of time to get him to come out. Some lap time, a rather large handful of grass to eat while I made it up to him and we're good. By the time he ate all the grass, he was his normal happy self.

I'm doing his bedding change tonight, so I'll make sure to fix the door so it doesn't happen again. A little extra grazing time is in order when it cools down this evening as well. I think I'm more upset about it than he is. I just can't handle even the slightest thing upsetting my little ones; particularly BJ since he's had rough times at the humane society and with my having to treat his mites. I want nothing but sunshine and rainbows for him.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:55 am

Poor guy. They get so scared and then just freeze in a corner for a while. Mine scared herself once by flipping her hidey over when she did a popcorn jump inside. It took a few days before she finally got over it.

But they always feel better if they have a little snack.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:06 am

BJ is over it for sure now. He got a good 45 minutes worth of frolicking and grazing in the cool evening air. He wanted to stay out there, but it was starting to get too dark. I still have to do his bedding change, but he's resting up from his outside adventure, so I'm going to let him take his nap before I disturb him again. I know for sure now that I was more upset about the door slamming in his face than he was.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:54 pm

I'm glad he's recovered even if you're lagging behind.

That's funny, ItsaZoo - probably not to the pig.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:40 pm

Nail trim went well. BJ had a nip or two for the technician, but otherwise uneventful. He didn't even seem upset by the time they finished and brought him back out. He's resting now after some hay and water.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:27 am

What a brave boy.

I trimmed Lacey’s nails this week. I bribed her with a piece of carrot, but she had an attitude and I got the stink eye a few times. As soon as she was back in her cage she was begging for food.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:22 am

The big guy got his fill of grass too. He's such an angelic guinea pig. I just love having him! He is probably the most laid back of all my boys. It's a close tie between him and Mr Bubbles. You can really tell from the photo below with Oreo Cookie in the background, who is very close in size with the rest of the boys that he dwarfs them all.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:29 pm

BJ took a little longer to come out and graze this evening. Probably because I woke him up from his nap to bring him outside. Once he came out and started chowing, there was no stopping him.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:08 pm

He is a big boy! Our pigs do take a little time to wake up from their naps.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:49 pm

Poor BJ. I had to take away his fleece forest because it was getting pretty gross. I'll have to make him a new one, but in the meantime he's got a tunnel to hide in. He doesn't mind it, but I think he prefers the fleece forest.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:31 am

My pigs had fleece forests. I just threw them in the washing machine.