Pigjes' Pigs Piggadice part Pee ... oops, Three!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:51 pm

Very cute and christmasy photos. I can feel the festive cheer.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:24 am

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:02 am

What a lovely walk though history with your past and present pigs.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:19 am

I love the video!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:29 am

Had Plucky on my chest for lap time. As soon as her small piece of cucumber was finished, she looked at me, pointed her head to my arm, gestured to move it. It took 3 of her attempts to get it. So, I folded my arm, she plonked her head down and took a nap.

Plucky has been on heart meds well over 2 years. At first, as soon as she felt well on them, she ran away at medication time, but figured it out over time that she needed these foul tasting liquids to stay well. She lets herself be grabbed willingly and I never force the syringe in her mouth. I let her take it in her mouth, which takes a few secs.

Sometimes, she fusses a bit and then I say to her “Oh, c’mon, please!”, so she then reluctantly grabs the syringe.

Despite that she is almost deaf, she does hear my phone alarm when it’s time to medicate, as it's close to the cage. She pops her head out of her house to tell me where she is.

Language barriers between pigs and humans are small.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:50 am

my chock knows i an blind i think as he never stops talking. specially now we moved. He tells me when its my meds time he has a special wheek for that. He also has a different wheek for when i have missed a pill which is quite sweet really. how he knows the time i dont know but he does.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:04 am

How sweet of Chock! We always have a clock near the pigs' cage in their viewpoint. I swear they know exactly what time offers food, lol, either by reading the clock or having an inner biologic clock!

SardonicSmile

Post   » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:49 am

Definitely an inner biologic clock, which goes haywire when the clock changes for winter/summer time, and you feed them at set times. Suddenly they wheek at the wrong time.

I don't feed at a set time and no meds to administer, but my aunt feeds at a set time and her piggies know it well!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:42 am

Strangely enough, every time that the time changes here, they fuss for vegs exactly at the same time, which is 7 pm in the evening, lol, no matter if the clock is set back or forward. Only Aiko could not stand to wait last time.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:35 am

its sweet of him really but i wish he wouldnt start so early. Mind you, thats my falt for getting up so early when i got him as i had my guide dog then and we havent broken the habit ever since even though shes retired now and no longer with me we still get up at six every morning.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:47 am

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:07 pm

Too cute! I've been wanting to get some of those cars since I first saw yours, but with 4 grandkids (3 of them young boys), you can guess who gets the toys around here, especially cars.