Bruno, our little bear, has crossed the rainbow bridge.

arnzillazor

Post   » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:52 pm

Also, I have a question below about his surviving cage mate.

Bruno was the best guinea pig—no, pet—we ever did have. My other half and I were devastated the other night when we went to check on him like we always do, and his eyes were basically glued shut from either swelling or a fluid. We cleaned it up the best we could, but we could tell it was too late. We knew he wouldn't make it through the night, having lost a guinea pig before. He wasn't eating or drinking water, even when we tried to force it.

Ultimately, I feel responsible due to some dietary changes made previously before he passed. He was over one year and a half old, but I know he passed from sickness, not age. As would anyone, taking a look at his symptoms.

He had a cage mate, Lenny, who is our last surviving guinea pig. I was wondering if I should take him to the vet to be safe? Was the sickness contagious? I don't know too much about these things. He appears to be fine, eating and drinking normally. That's the scary part. Just the day before, Bruno seemed fine. Poor prey animals can't even show their loving owners that they're not doing so hot until it's too late sometimes. Lenny does look for Bruno, and does not find him. I think he may be a little depressed. In turn, I think I'll take a little more time out of my day to give him some attention and make him feel less lonely. It will never compare to a cage mate, but it's better than nothing.

Any suggestions?

Rest In Peace, Bruno. We love you so much.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:43 pm

I am so sorry you lost Bruno, arnzillazor. It can be so hard to lose a guinea pig you love dearly.

If you have a good exotics vet, it may be worthwhile to have your remaining guinea pig checked. Meanwhile, right now, weigh daily and watch for any signs of illness: www.guinealynx.info/.html This might help you too: www.guinealynx.info/.html

JaneDoe

Post   » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:41 am

I'm sorry

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:38 am

I'm sorry to hear about Bruno.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:34 pm

Bruno was beautiful. I'm sorry you lost him.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:42 pm

Sorry for your loss of Bruno.