Things That Go Wheek In the Night: C M'S Picture Chronicle

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:06 pm

I tried to make it more like a tunnel, but sometimes the boys like to drag it down a little and sleep on it instead.

We have some promising looking weather, but right at the moment the wind is blowing and yesterday the grass was too wet. The first nice day we get that isn't wet or windy I'm taking them out for grazing and pictures.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:41 pm

The boys are so gorgeous looking. The pink fleece really is a nice backdrop for them.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:33 pm

Very handsome boys!

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:06 am

I am so sorry I have been so bad about updating this. It is so hard when I lose one to go back and look at pictures. Even years later. These guys all hold a very special place in my heart.

Sadly after my current crew passes I will probably be guinea-less for possibly the rest of my time. The reasons being that there is now only one exotics veterinarian that sees guinea pigs within over an hour's drive of this county area, and she is close to retirement age. They are quite time consuming and if they are special needs and when they get older they can cost quite a bit and money gets tighter every year as the cost of everything and living goes up higher. The person who owns the house I am renting, all I can afford to rent while doing rescue, has decided they don't really want pets on the property that are in larger cages than the cockatiels' cages, and these cavy cages do take up a lot of room. More and more rental places around here are becoming anti-pet as well, even disallowing small dogs, cats, and large aquariums or large cages. On minimum wage I cannot afford to buy a house or move to the big city.

So for these reasons I will probably not be able to continue doing cavy rescue or fostering. I really wanted to foster after my current crew passed on, but that does not seem to be in the cards for me. I will still help with the Guinea Pig sub on Reddit being a mod there and giving advice. Once I am guinea less I will just stick to donating for the nearest no kill rescue(s) that take in cavies, such as Lisam's rescue and recommending them to adopters.

It has been a good run mostly. I got to save and improve lives. One thing I will not miss is the loss, it is so hard to lose companion animals. A tear crept into my eye when I scrolled past this page with Phantom and Alistair on it.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:28 am

I am sorry to hear this but wish you well.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:37 pm

Oh CL. I understand. The loss is so painful. I'd be done when my two old girls are gone, but for my daughters (still living with me) sort of needing them for their mental health. So now we've added a 3-year-old.

And the expense, yes, & intensive care needed for a sick pig is exhausting.

I'm sorry, but understand.