The 3 (new) little piggies

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:21 pm

What cuties! Love the expressions on their faces like they're going to eat as fast as they can before anyone takes the grass away.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:13 am

As you can see, especially in the top picture, there are only small amounts of short blades of green grass out there and that's after Sammy and Dean had ravaged through it. Still, they went to town on it and hardly stopped eating the whole time they were out there. I was actually surprised how much they managed to forage up.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:12 pm

I'm admiring the long "skirt" too. Which pig is that?

Piggies always do seem to have that look on their faces, "this is important business and I need to take care of it fast", when they're eating especially if it's a treat.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:48 pm

The long hair is Skipper. We've been lucky so far with it. There hasn't been any of the common problems with long hair on the backside, like urine and poop getting stuck in it and making it very messy. He's getting in trimmed and groomed at his next nail trim in about a week or so. Very important to keep my eye on it.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:36 pm

Piggy spa treatment.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:21 pm

Look at how much Gilligan has grown! He's bigger than Skipper now. He also outweighs him. Still trying to figure out how that happened. Just yesterday he was this tiny scared little guy, now he's large and in charge. He's established himself as the dominant pig in that cage. Skipper yields to him with little or no argument. He even tried to rumble strut Mr Bubbles when their floor pens are next to each other. Of course challenging Mr Bubbles would be a bad idea which is why they'll never be together.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:43 pm

They look so beautiful in that low light!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:35 am

What lucky pigs! They are so cute and look so healthy, beautiful coats and loving the sun and grass!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:35 am

Big handsome boys. Looks like they're enjoying the treat of grass! How fast they grow!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:35 pm

They are a healthy-looking couple of boys.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:29 pm

They got to go out again yesterday. They really do enjoy the grazing. I like it too. It keeps their natural and wild foraging behavior alive and well. It's important for them to know how to do that.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:48 am

I don’t take mine out, but I’m growing a planter of Easter grass for her. This local Farmer Seed and Nursery had little bags of Easter grass seed, which is just rye grass. It isn’t treated with anything, so I planted some and it’s about 5 inches tall now. Some people plant it to use in Easter baskets instead of plastic and paper grass.