Mr. Bubbles and Scruffy

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:57 pm

Hey Sef, it didn't look like mucous holding them together unless it dried out. It looked more like thin strands of hay or something like that. I got about 6 or 7 syringes full of critical care into him throughout the day. He nibbled some hay and I even got him outside to graze on grass. He didn't devour a large amount like he usually does, but he did eat some. He passed a few droppings and they looked small, but otherwise normal. It didn't seem to cause him any discomfort either. I hope we're on the right track.

I'm going to try and get more critical care into him tonight than I did during the day because I am not comfortable with the amount he took in during the day. The feeling I got between the critical care and the rest of the nibbling he did wasn't enough food for him. I'm also going to leave some lettuce and maybe a cucumber in with him overnight in case he decides to eat on his own. Of course there'll be plenty of hay in there as usual. It'll be clean because I changed his cage bedding today.

I was looking at the packaging for the timothy hay cubes I got for the piggies and noticed that there's alfalfa in them. He also had cilantro the other day. I wonder if one of those things which he doesn't normally get could have caused this.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:01 am

Did the night feeding. Went ok. I never envisioned having to do this with Mr Bubbles. He's always been a very hearty eater. He's trying that sad squeaking to try and get me to not put the syringe in his mouth. It's not working, but it makes me feel extremely sorry for him. Anyway I got at least 10 mL into him before he just wouldn't take anymore.

Come to think of it, I should have been posting this on the medical thread. I will do that from now on. I will quote the posts to it from here so the record is complete.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:10 pm

This is what lap time is about! He really loves his wheat grass!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:49 am

Such a handsome boy!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:40 pm

He looks pretty content snuggled in with his wheat grass and favorite person!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:36 am

It's so hard to believe that it's been a year since Scruffy left us for greener pastures, but it is as of December 9th. I miss him just as much as I did the day he passed. I cherish every moment I had with him. There will never be another Guinea Pig like Scruffy, but there are plenty of unique qualities about his brothers; Mr. Bubbles, Sammy, Dean, BJ, Oreo, Gilligan and Skipper. They all have helped me deal with his loss in their own way.

Merry Christmas to all of my furry friends and fellow Guinea Pig moms and dads and a Happy New Year!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:25 am

Daughter & I admiring the pic of Scruffy and commiserating about how close you get to a few of your pigs - especially ones who are old and/or have health problems. They're at the bridge now celebrating the holidays with plenty of hay & fresh grass.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you too.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:51 pm

This is the time of year that I miss people and pets that have passed, and cherish those who are here with me. Have a good holiday!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:41 pm

And a Happy New Year to you too!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:57 pm

Nice day today. Just warm enough for Mr Bubbles to spend a few minutes outside for the first time this year soaking up sunshine, breathing some fresh air and eating some tender early grass. It wasn't long, but he really enjoyed it.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:14 pm

That’s so nice for him to get outside.

We just got several inches of snow today, so it will be a while before we see any grass. Lacey has a piece of fleece bunched up in her pigloo to barricade the back door. Can’t be too safe these days. 😊

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:46 am

Ha ha!

I didn't know Mr. Bubbles has a crest on top.

We have a lot of wildlife in our yard, more that we used to. I worry about taking the pigs out because of contamination. We have the usual squirrel & rabbits, occasional raccoons, and bunches of deer.