The 3 (new) little piggies

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:26 am

That's not fat on BJ that is muscle! Cause he eats his spinach and he is BJ the sailor pig! Toot toot! Just thought as you had a Ginger and Mary Ann you could have a Popeye too.

Have you googled Tina Louise who played Ginger? You may get a shock! Shame only 2 of them left! Grew up on that show!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:57 pm

Introduced the girls to grazing outside today. Took them a few minutes, but in the end, their love of grass overrode their fear of being outside and they ate quite a bit in the few minutes they were allowed out.

I've been picking grass a little at a time for them so they already know they like it. I'm keeping the outside time at a minimum until they get used to the big open sky and all of the neighborhood noises.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:35 pm

Look at that big boy! Mr Bubbles taught him well and now he's grown up enough to be outside by himself!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:36 pm

Your lawn looks so inviting for guinea pigs! And they all sure look happy!!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:26 pm

All 7 of the piggies got their spin on the lawn today. They all enjoyed that. The last couple of days have been windy, chilly and nasty so I've had to pick grass and bring it inside for them. I have to cut the grass this week, so I'm going to try and get them out as much as possible before then. They can still go out after the grass is cut, but there aren't any of the long blades they like to eat for a few days after mowing. I was impressed with Ginger and MaryAnn. I half expected them to cuddle in the corner all scared, but they didn't. It only took about a minute or so until they relaxed and started eating grass.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:44 pm

Those lucky piggies. Isn’t it fun spoiling them?

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:59 am

How is it that little Ginger, who is by far the smallest of all my Guinea pigs has the loudest wheek? It's so loud that we can hear it clear across the house! It doesn't take much to get her going either. The TV is always on, so there are noises she hears to get her going. Of course, it takes no time to get the chorus of MaryAnn, Oreo and Sammy to join in, but you can still hear her above the rest. She's the only one who you can see her mouth actually open when she wheeks. What an adorable little clown!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:31 am

How sweet! Good things come in small packages! Our Jill squeaks and gets all the others started. Good on ya Ginger! Train your slaves!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:06 pm

Ginger wants you to hop to it and wait on her! Maybe she was elected spokes-pig for the group.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:57 pm

Maybe she's had professional training and knows how to project her voice, gp style.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:55 pm

I got Ginger, MaryAnn and Oreo an appointment for nail trim. To avoid the $60 per piggie initial exam, I was able to retrieve their medical records from the humane society. They have Oreo listed as a 3.5 year old. Maybe it's just me, but he doesn't look that old. He's a healthy and happy little guy. There's is no other history on him, so I'm probably only the second owner he's had. They did his nail trim when they took him in, but he's due, so we're getting that done.

Ginger and MaryAnn appear to have been together for their whole lives. They've had two stints at the humane society. Given that they're supposedly both 1 year and 2 months old when I adopted them, they've had a hard time staying in a home. They're both very vocal, so that might have something to do with it. Those days are behind them now since they're both so sweet and I just love their vocals. They were treated for worms in May. Both are healthy now. They're going in for a trim next week too. Ginger has little razors for claws and it's time to fix that.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:42 am

I always find when I trim their claws it makes the claws sharper, is this normal? I swear when I do their claws the neighbours must think I am torturing them. Hope all goes well at the vets!